Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Sad me - or Happy me? Undecided re: AIX 7.2 Post 302958563 by MichaelFelt on Friday 23rd of October 2015 09:57:51 AM
Old 10-23-2015
Sad me - or Happy me? Undecided re: AIX 7.2

AIX 7.2 - needs POWER7 or later

With AIX 6.1 it was POWER4 or later - then I was "Happy Me!" because I already had a POWER4 system.

With AIX 7.2 - for now I am "sad me" because I do not have a POWER7. However, next week I am going to be speaking at the POWER TechU in Cannes (look me up if you are there as well). Maybe I will find a good deal on a second hand POWER7 and again be a "Happy Me!"

p.s. May I suggest viewing AIXVUG replay of Jay and Dave's presentation (yesterday) on AIX 7.2 - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if6W...ature=youtu.be
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

A Sad Day for Smarty Jones!

We were at Champs watching the Belmont on two 15' screens. SMARTY JONE!! SMARTY JONES!!! Then, sadness........ the crowd goes quiet. There are many people who have not seen a triple crown winner in their lifetime...... Amazing... Horse racing! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Does modernity make you sad?

One more "on my mind" question ('cause it's constantly on my mind): does modern technology style make you sad and wishing PCs were like they used to be in 90's? I mean we had awesome UIs like motif, win3.1, warp3/4, cde, etc... HDDs used to load with sound. Web used to be a text on a white... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest115
7 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

While Happy; do @ ;done < 2015

http://i62.tinypic.com/zt6a08.jpg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ongoto
2 Replies
PASSWD(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      PASSWD(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-passwd, passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-help] [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-aixmd5] [-5] [-6] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1, its Apache variant apr1, and its AIX variant are available. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -aixmd5 Use the AIX MD5 algorithm (AIX variant of the BSD algorithm). -5 -6 Use the SHA256 / SHA512 based algorithms defined by Ulrich Drepper. See <https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/SHA-crypt.txt>. -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. EXAMPLES
% openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password xxj31ZMTZzkVA % openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a. % openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0 % openssl passwd -aixmd5 -salt xxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxx$8Oaipk/GPKhC64w/YVeFD/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PASSWD(1SSL)