Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support User id creation/deletion - notification Post 302958518 by RudiC on Friday 23rd of October 2015 05:02:11 AM
Old 10-23-2015
Are you thinking of a (daily?) cron job? Did you check/search these fora on this exact topic?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to watch for file creation/deletion?

How do I write a C program that will watch a directory for file creation/deletion? Maybe it would receive a signal when someone creates a file? thanks, Siegfried (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

2. Solaris

User creation

Hi all, I want to create one user with full permissions to one directory called /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin. Name for the user Tivoli Thanks & Regards Babu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
7 Replies

3. Programming

execve notification in user mode under Linux

Hi, I'm writing a monitor program that can be notified once a process makes an execve system call and then stop that process for examining before it starts to run the new code. I know I can ptrace a process to achieve this, but I do not want to ptrace every process in the system. Is it possible?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron.lwe
1 Replies

4. Solaris

User Creation

i am trying to create a user on solaris 10. it is not taking user name with more than ten characters. which file i need to edit to do this setting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Creation notification

Hello, Please help about writing a process that will be automatically notified by file creation in a predefined directory. Some code will appreciated. Thanks for all. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: echchatbi
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

User creation

Hi Thanks in advance. How to create a user without useradd command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krish4linux
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User's deletion in OpenLDAP

Hi, I am using OpenLDAP for authenticating my postfix mail server. Now i have to clean up some resigned users from the LDAP directory. I have the list of common names (CN) with me, how can i delete the LDAP users form with that list. Regards, Hima Kiran (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimakiran
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

User account expiration notification

Dear Concern, Is there any built in tool/application/command available for Linux user account expiration notification purpose. With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification of user id creation/deletion

Can someone help me with a shell script that will send an email to a set of email ids when a user id is created or deleted on AIX system. Also, if the script can let the admin know when a particular user id's password will expire. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deletion of list of user based on a text file In LDAP UNIX server

Dear All, It would be really nice, if you could help me to write a script for deletion of list of user( more than 15000 users) stored in a file and sorted by email address( i need deletion of only a particular type of mail address). Is the any script to write and take the file as input and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chand
3 Replies
COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)

NAME
collect-reminders - collect email reminders to be sent out SYNOPSIS
Collect emails reminders set by users for special occasions and move them to the email-reminder spool directory. DESCRIPTION
Email-reminder allows users to define events that they want to be reminded of by email. This script is meant to be invoked everyday by a cron job or as the root user. It collects the reminder files from each user. OPTIONS
--help Displays basic usage message. --verbose Prints out information about what the program is doing, including the full emails being sent out. --version Displays the version number. FILES
~/.email-reminders, /etc/email-reminder.conf AUTHOR
Francois Marier <francois@email-reminder.org.nz> SEE ALSO
email-reminder-editor, send-reminders COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 by Francois Marier Email-Reminder is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Email-Reminder is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Email-Reminder; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)