Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to determine server IP Post 302958458 by bobby320 on Thursday 22nd of October 2015 10:27:14 AM
Old 10-22-2015
Thanks everyone for reply.

@MadeInGermany, I made little changes to your suggestion, it worked fine.

I cannot use `hostname -i`, I have to get IP from nslookup while server is under build stage.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
SHORT=`hostname -s`
IPCS=`nslookup $SHORT | egrep '10.10.3.*|10.10.6.*' | awk '{print $2}'`

case $IPCS in

10.10.3.*)
        echo "Client Server IP is $IPCS" ;;

10.10.6.*)
        echo "Client Server IP is $IPCS" ;;

esac

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine the script is called from CRON?

Hello expert, What I want is to determine whether the script is called from CRON or it is executed interactively? I tried the following but no luck: #!/bin/ksh cronID=`pgrep -x cron` GPID=`ps -ef -o ppid,pid | grep " $PPID$" | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then echo I am being run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: wes_brooks
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installer script needs to determine own location...

My n00b question: I am trying to write a script that I can place on a flash drive and then move from computer to computer and install a file, which is bundled with the script. (ie the script is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/Script, the file is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/File) So far I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmacs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine FULL name of current script

Hi everyone, Is there a slick way to determine the FULL name of a script that is running? The variable ${0} just gives the relative path name. I guess I could just do the following: FULL_SCRIPT_NAME=${PWD}${0}Although that's pretty simple is there another way that I am missing? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to determine logged in time

Hi all So I am thinking my inability to cope with math is bogging me down here so Im asking for help. I want to determine how long a user has been logged on for by using the date and who commands to determine the time they have been logge don. My problem is that I keep getting the wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: losingit
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to Determine client's DNS server Ip

Is there a way for a server to determine client's DNS ip? I have an application that logs client's IP but in certain cases its desirable to know their DNS too (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine if variable is the Server component of UNC

Hi all, Using sh/csh, unfortunately shell scripts are not my strong suit. Trying to write a script that gets called from a program for pre-processing. The program passes individual components of a UNC (//server/path1/path2/filename). Thus the unc path of: //server/path1/path2/filename, is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To determine the File Sytem Usage on Multiple UNIX server

Hello All :) I want to write a shell script to find the file system usage on multiple UNIX servers. Commands: df -g fsJCAPS Below script works fine and it displays results on terminal/console. I want to store /redirect output on to local server from where I'm running the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammad Nawaz
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

9. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies
IPCS(1) 							   User Commands							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - show information on IPC facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [options] DESCRIPTION
ipcs shows information on the inter-process communication facilities for which the calling process has read access. By default it shows information about all three resources: shared memory segments, message queues, and semaphore arrays. OPTIONS
-i, --id id Show full details on just the one resource element identified by id. This option needs to be combined with one of the three resource options: -m, -q or -s. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. Resource options -m, --shmems Write information about active shared memory segments. -q, --queues Write information about active message queues. -s, --semaphores Write information about active semaphore sets. -a, --all Write information about all three resources (default). Output formats Of these options only one takes effect: the last one specified. -c, --creator Show creator and owner. -l, --limits Show resource limits. -p, --pid Show PIDs of creator and last operator. -t, --time Write time information. The time of the last control operation that changed the access permissions for all facilities, the time of the last msgsnd(2) and msgrcv(2) operations on message queues, the time of the last shmat(2) and shmdt(2) operations on shared mem- ory, and the time of the last semop(2) operation on semaphores. -u, --summary Show status summary. Representation These affect only the -l (--limits) option. -b, --bytes Print sizes in bytes. --human Print sizes in human-readable format. SEE ALSO
ipcmk(1), ipcrm(1), msgrcv(2), msgsnd(2), semget(2), semop(2), shmat(2), shmdt(2), shmget(2) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the POSIX -a, -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. A portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
Krishna Balasubramanian <balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu> AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux July 2014 IPCS(1)