Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chess Players: Which Online Resources (and Software) Do You Use and Why? Post 302958428 by Neo on Thursday 22nd of October 2015 03:47:44 AM
Old 10-22-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
AMIGA A500, Battle Chess...
Haha... It's the amazing wealth of information and analysis on the game that has exploded exponentially since the dawn of the Internet that creates better players.

The ECO (Encyclopedia of Chess Openings) classification system alone is amazing; and that system is only a part of the new family of chess databases available to students of the game.

My hope is that we have some readers who are avid chess players and have a few online databases or favorite chess engines to share and discuss.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

info on players

I am using HP-Unix version 11. I could not find any Flash player that gives me a lot of problem while surfing. I would like to know what are all the players and where they are available. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Online Resources

Could someone suggest some good on-line PERL resources? tutorials and References? Thanks. Gregg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHCE Servers Online Learning Resources..

Anybody knows about any reliable source where i can study Linux servers while sitting at my home. A single bit of information in this regards will be highly appreciated. thanks :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman103
3 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux online training resources

Dear all, I am preparing the RHCE Linux certification and I need to practise, practise and practise linux administration ...I wold be very pleasen if somebody lists here online training resources that can be used in order to prepare any kind of Linux Certification.. Actualy I am following the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userlinx
1 Replies
GAMECLOCK(6)							   Games Manual 						      GAMECLOCK(6)

NAME
gameclock - a simple game clock SYNOPSIS
gameclock DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gameclock command. gameclock is a simple application designed to track the time spent thinking by the players during a chess game. Various ways of tracking time are supported, with only `countdown' (aka `blitz') and `fisher' for now. The graphical interface is keyboard driven and is intended to be minimal and simple. The code is made to be extensible to other game types. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (--). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. This includes the program's version and license. -v, --verbose Show progress information to standard output. More `-v' will display more information: timestamps then game state engine. -f, --fullscreen Start the application in fullscreen mode. KEYBINDINGS
Most of the interface is keyboard-driven, apart from the initial clock and game configuration. space start the game / end turn shift keys end the turn, but only for the appropriate side (left or right side) p pause game control-r, escape reset game - this resets all counters and clocks to the initial configuration, use this to restart the game. f toggle the fullscreen mode control-q quit application SEE ALSO
xboard(1), http://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/chessclock/. AUTHOR
gameclock was written by Antoine Beaupre. August 13, 2008 GAMECLOCK(6)