Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to determine server IP Post 302958416 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 22nd of October 2015 02:22:59 AM
Old 10-22-2015
Code:
IP=`hostname -i`
case $IP in
10.10.3.*|10.10.6.*)
  echo $IP
;;
esac

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine the script is called from CRON?

Hello expert, What I want is to determine whether the script is called from CRON or it is executed interactively? I tried the following but no luck: #!/bin/ksh cronID=`pgrep -x cron` GPID=`ps -ef -o ppid,pid | grep " $PPID$" | awk '{print $1}'` if ; then echo I am being run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: wes_brooks
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installer script needs to determine own location...

My n00b question: I am trying to write a script that I can place on a flash drive and then move from computer to computer and install a file, which is bundled with the script. (ie the script is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/Script, the file is at /Volumes/FlashDrive/Folder/File) So far I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madmacs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine FULL name of current script

Hi everyone, Is there a slick way to determine the FULL name of a script that is running? The variable ${0} just gives the relative path name. I guess I could just do the following: FULL_SCRIPT_NAME=${PWD}${0}Although that's pretty simple is there another way that I am missing? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to determine logged in time

Hi all So I am thinking my inability to cope with math is bogging me down here so Im asking for help. I want to determine how long a user has been logged on for by using the date and who commands to determine the time they have been logge don. My problem is that I keep getting the wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: losingit
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to Determine client's DNS server Ip

Is there a way for a server to determine client's DNS ip? I have an application that logs client's IP but in certain cases its desirable to know their DNS too (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine if variable is the Server component of UNC

Hi all, Using sh/csh, unfortunately shell scripts are not my strong suit. Trying to write a script that gets called from a program for pre-processing. The program passes individual components of a UNC (//server/path1/path2/filename). Thus the unc path of: //server/path1/path2/filename, is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To determine the File Sytem Usage on Multiple UNIX server

Hello All :) I want to write a shell script to find the file system usage on multiple UNIX servers. Commands: df -g fsJCAPS Below script works fine and it displays results on terminal/console. I want to store /redirect output on to local server from where I'm running the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammad Nawaz
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

9. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)