Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a file by start and end row. Post 302958369 by RudiC on Wednesday 21st of October 2015 02:12:06 PM
Old 10-21-2015
Any attempts from your side?

---------- Post updated at 20:12 ---------- Previous update was at 20:11 ----------

Howsoever, try
Code:
awk ' 
/^FILE/         {if (FN) close (FN)
                 FN="FILE" ++CNT   
                }
                {if     ($1+0 == $1 &&
                         $2+0 == $2)  
                        {$1+=100
                         $2+=100
                        }
                 print > FN
                }
' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record ( in a row) and make it as new row

Hi All, The following is the scenario id name -------------- 1 William;Johnson 2 Azim;Abdul 3 Grasim . . etc.... I need the following output id name -------------- 1 William 1 Johnson 2 Azim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kottursamy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file - Include first and last row in each file.

Hi All, We have file structure as following. (Coma ';' delimiter file) Header 1;... 1;... 1;... 2;... 2;... 2;... Trailer We need to split this file as following. (for each change in first field, after header, we need to create new file with Header and Trailer line) Header... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetmedude
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Second Row to First Row @ end in a file

Hi I want to append line 2n to 2n-1 line where n=1...LastLine in my file. eg: Actual File: Hello Everyone Welcome TO Unix I need Your help Required File: HelloEveryone WelcomeTO Unix I needYour help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split row into lines and insert file name

I have a directory with several hundred files. The file format is a space delimited row with an unknown number of columns: A B C D E F G ... I need to turn this format File1 A File1 B File2 A File3 A File3 B File3 C ... I can use grep to display the filename next to each row of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The difference between end number in the early row and the start number in the next

Hi Power User, I'm trying to compute this kind of text file format: file1: jakarta 100 150 jakarta 170 210 beijing 220 250 beijing 260 280 beijing 290 320 new_york 330 350 new_york 370 420 tokyo 430 470 tokyo 480 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi, I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time. I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period. Sample log file (log.txt) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Zizo
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Row from First Row (Split Row)

HI Guys, I have Below Input :- RepigA_hteis522 ReptCfiEtrBsCll_aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 RepigA ReptCfiEtrBsCll hteis522 aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 Split Data in two first row... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a String between start and end of a block in a file

Hi, I have a scenario where I want to display the output based on the pattern search between the start and end of a block in a file, we can have multiple start and end blocks in a file. Example give below, we need to search between the start block abc and end block def in a file, after that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
5 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specifed size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks Treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=FILE use this FILE's size -s, --size=SIZE use this SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE is a number which may be followed by one of the following suffixes: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. Note that the -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 TRUNCATE(1)