Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The immortal aioserver
Operating Systems AIX The immortal aioserver Post 302958323 by agent.kgb on Wednesday 21st of October 2015 10:00:50 AM
Old 10-21-2015
if you want to see them dead, try to change some parameters in the system ;-)

Code:
$ ioo -L | grep posix_aio
posix_aio_active          0             0                    boolean           S
posix_aio_maxreqs         128K   128K   128K   4K     1M     numeric           D
posix_aio_maxservers      30     30     30     1      20000  numeric           D
posix_aio_minservers      3      3      3      0      20000  numeric           D
posix_aio_server_inactivity

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIOServer process question

Hi I've been trying to learn a bit more about AIOServer processes and how my company administers them, one question i have is, while checking, most of my servers show a memory overhead of about 448 k per aioserver process (nmon -A) however i have found a few with figures of 67 or 56k. Most... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philib
0 Replies

2. AIX

aioserver query

Hi Gurus, What is the recommended value for aioserver in aix 5.3 current value is 16384 And used is ps -k|wc -l 4768 We usauslly get issues like slow server performance and query waiting time more etc. Regards newaix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)