Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The immortal aioserver
Operating Systems AIX The immortal aioserver Post 302958322 by zaxxon on Wednesday 21st of October 2015 09:56:02 AM
Old 10-21-2015
Please issue lsof +D /oracle and show the output in code tags, thanks.

And do not try to kill those aioservers. Once started they will stay active, even if not needed. They have a starting amount and a max amount. If the system needs more of them than the starting amount, it spawns new ones until max is reached but, as said, they stay in the process list and do not terminate. If not needed, they just idle and do not really eat performance.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIOServer process question

Hi I've been trying to learn a bit more about AIOServer processes and how my company administers them, one question i have is, while checking, most of my servers show a memory overhead of about 448 k per aioserver process (nmon -A) however i have found a few with figures of 67 or 56k. Most... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philib
0 Replies

2. AIX

aioserver query

Hi Gurus, What is the recommended value for aioserver in aix 5.3 current value is 16384 And used is ps -k|wc -l 4768 We usauslly get issues like slow server performance and query waiting time more etc. Regards newaix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies
PACMAN(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PACMAN(6)

NAME
pacman - the game of pacman SYNOPSIS
pacman [grey] DESCRIPTION
Pacman is an old action game. You are Pacman, and you are supposed to eat all the small dots to get to the next level. You are also supposed to keep away from the ghosts, if they take you, you lose one life, unless you have eaten a large dot, then you can, for a limited amount of time, chase and eat the ghosts. There is also bonus available, for a limited amount of time. An X gives just points, but a little pacman gives an extra life. You use either keyboard or mouse. Default from start is keyboard. Keyboard mode: To move use arrows, to quit, press q, to use mouse, press m. Mouse mode: To move, move mouse, to quit, press RButton, to use keyboard, press LButton. Details: When pacman has moved to a new place, if you want it to change it's moving direction, hit key/move mouse until it has moved. OPTIONS
grey To start in grey mode instead of the default color. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY To get default display. AUTHOR
Roar Thronaes, roart@nvg.unit.no. This man page written by Joerg Wunsch, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de. PACMAN(6)