Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The immortal aioserver
Operating Systems AIX The immortal aioserver Post 302958315 by agent.kgb on Wednesday 21st of October 2015 09:06:28 AM
Old 10-21-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linusolaradm1
All processes belong to user oracle,homedir /oracle
it is a wrong assumption. these are kernel processes - they are created and killed by the kernel.

can you show output of df and mount commands?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIOServer process question

Hi I've been trying to learn a bit more about AIOServer processes and how my company administers them, one question i have is, while checking, most of my servers show a memory overhead of about 448 k per aioserver process (nmon -A) however i have found a few with figures of 67 or 56k. Most... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philib
0 Replies

2. AIX

aioserver query

Hi Gurus, What is the recommended value for aioserver in aix 5.3 current value is 16384 And used is ps -k|wc -l 4768 We usauslly get issues like slow server performance and query waiting time more etc. Regards newaix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies
SEUNSHARE(8)							   User Commands						      SEUNSHARE(8)

NAME
seunshare - Run cmd with alternate homedir, tmpdir and/or SELinux context SYNOPSIS
seunshare [ -v ] [ -c ] [ -C ] [ -k ] [ -t tmpdir ] [ -h homedir ] [ -Z context ] -- executable [args] DESCRIPTION
Run the executable within the specified context, using the alternate home directory and /tmp directory. The seunshare command unshares from the default namespace, then mounts the specified homedir and tmpdir over the default homedir and /tmp. Finally it tells the kernel to execute the application under the specified SELinux context. -h homedir Alternate homedir to be used by the application. Homedir must be owned by the user. -t tmpdir Use alternate tempory directory to mount on /tmp. tmpdir must be owned by the user. -c --cgroups Use cgroups to control this copy of seunshare. Specify parameters in /etc/sysconfig/sandbox. Max memory usage and cpu usage are to be specified in percent. You can specify which CPUs to use by numbering them 0,1,2... etc. -C --capabilities Allow apps executed within the namespace to use capabilities. Default is no capabilities. -k --kill Kill all processes with matching MCS level. -Z context Use alternate SELinux context while runing the executable. -v Verbose output SEE ALSO
runcon(1), sandbox(8), selinux(8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> and Thomas Liu <tliu@fedoraproject.org> seunshare May 2010 SEUNSHARE(8)