Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python-rrdtool try except rrdtool.error module object has no attribute error Post 302958296 by balajesuri on Wednesday 21st of October 2015 04:21:34 AM
Old 10-21-2015
abc.xyz in python means you're looking for an attribute (object, function, variable...) xyz inside the object abc. In your case, do you know if attribute rrdtool.error exists? Even if it does it should be a valid exception class (meaning, it should be derived from Exception class)

If you don't know or don't care what exception to catch exactly, you can always use the generic except block

Code:
import sys
import rrdtool

try:
  blah_blah
except:
    print "Exception occurred:", sys.exec_info()[0]
    raise # or do something else

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

compiling the RRDtool

I tried to compile the RRDtool on HP-UX (IA56). I have gcc-3.4.3 and perl 5.8.0 I got this: Writing Makefile for RRDs cd perl-shared && make /opt/perl/bin/perl /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/typemap RRDs.xs > RRDs.xsc && mv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debian, digitemp, rrdtool

Mit perlscript: #!/usr/bin/perl # # copyright Per Hansen 2009 # # # temp.pl use lib qw(/opt/rrdtool-1.4.1/lib/perl); use RRDs; # sti til rrdtool databases my $rrd = '/var/lib/rrd'; # sti til færdige grafer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perhansen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rrdtool question

Hi, DEF:clients=cccam.rrd:kliensek:AVERAGE DEF:activeclients=cccam_actclient.rrd:activeclients:AVERAGE "LINE1:clients#0000FF:Connected clients" COMMENT:" \n" "LINE2:activeclients#99FF00:Active clients" COMMENT:" \n" GPRINT:clients:LAST:'Current'\%5.0lf%s COMMENT:" \n"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adriankoooo
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Why do we use RRDtool in MRTG?

Hi Guys, Why do we use RRDtool in MRTG? I have implemented MRTG for some routers, I have read some notes about RRDTOOL also but don't know what is use of these tool. Any one one please explain me the use of RRDTOOL in their own words? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python rrdtool try catch statement

I have a Python script that updates an rrd file with data it pulls from a database. Here is a snippet of the Python code for i in range(numrowed): row = curred.fetchone() time_stamp = row rx_max = row ret =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
1 Replies
XML::SAX::Exception(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    XML::SAX::Exception(3)

NAME
XML::SAX::Exception - Exception classes for XML::SAX SYNOPSIS
throw XML::SAX::Exception::NotSupported( Message => "The foo feature is not supported", ); DESCRIPTION
This module is the base class for all SAX Exceptions, those defined in the spec as well as those that one may create for one's own SAX errors. There are three subclasses included, corresponding to those of the SAX spec: XML::SAX::Exception::NotSupported XML::SAX::Exception::NotRecognized XML::SAX::Exception::Parse Use them wherever you want, and as much as possible when you encounter such errors. SAX is meant to use exceptions as much as possible to flag problems. CREATING NEW EXCEPTION CLASSES
All you need to do to create a new exception class is: @XML::SAX::Exception::MyException::ISA = ('XML::SAX::Exception') The given package doesn't need to exist, it'll behave correctly this way. If your exception refines an existing exception class, then you may also inherit from that instead of from the base class. THROWING EXCEPTIONS
This is as simple as exemplified in the SYNOPSIS. In fact, there's nothing more to know. All you have to do is: throw XML::SAX::Exception::MyException( Message => 'Something went wrong' ); and voila, you've thrown an exception which can be caught in an eval block. perl v5.18.2 2011-09-14 XML::SAX::Exception(3)