Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find command not working on AIX Post 302958173 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 20th of October 2015 06:25:43 AM
Old 10-20-2015
Hello rahul2662,

Could you please try following and let us know if this helps, as I haven't tested it as don't have AIX box with me.
Code:
 find -type d -mtime -7 -exec ls -ld {} \; 2>/dev/null

Above will give the directories details whichever are modified from last 7 days, if you need only names you could try following then.
Code:
 find -type d -mtime -7 2>/dev/null

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command not working

Hi, Having issues with the . parameter in the find command. Issuing "find . -name \*.pl" gives me find: cannot open .: No such device I got it working by substituting . with *, so "find * -name \*.pl" gives the correct listing. bin/test.pl "which find" lists /bin/find. Anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabrady
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command not working as expected

I have a script with a find command using xargs to copy the files found to another directory. The find command is finding the appropriate file, but it's not copying. I've checked permissions, and those are all O.K., so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpflug
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not working

Hi all, find command not working for me in a perticular directory.The same command is working fine in any other directory. Following is the command i issued: find . -type f -print my question is , is it possbile to disable a command only for a perticular directory ??...of course... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

4. AIX

prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3

put prtconf command,after show this error message: bash-3.00# prtconf /usr/sbin/prtconf: msize=msize + 12544^J12544: syntax error pleae help me...........waiting for replay by mohan.s Aix sysadmin (deleted email, rule violation) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohan62
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

daystart option not working in find command

Hi, I am trying to list all the files created / modified today in a directory. With reference to this thread, https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/20324-capture-all-today-files.html I have used the below command to list all the files modified today. find . -daystart -type f... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with FIND command

Hi , In /home/etc/files path ran the following command find . -name 'ABC*' | wc -l The output of the above command is 25 as expected In path /home path ran the following command find . -name '/home/etc/files/ABC*' | wc -l The output of the abvoe command is 0 . Why the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find command is not working

Hello Friends, I have a problem about a little script, when i run the following two lines one by one on CLI then they work well: /usr/bin/mkdir `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); print strftime "%Y-%m-%d",localtime(time() - 30*24*60*60);'` find . -type f -name "fuseesb.log.*" -mtime 30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command not working in AIX UNIX

Hi 1st problem -------------- i have this sed command in my unix script which replaces new line and carriage return in a line with the string "&#xA" the script works fine in Linux 3.0.101-0.5, but not in AIX 1 7 , the "s/\r/\&#xA/g" replacement, replaces all the character "r" in the file.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth option of find command not working

Can you please figure out what is the issue here $ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -size 0 -print find: bad option -maxdepth please find the OS details $ uname -a HP-UX g5u1216 B.11.31 U ia64 2614088426 unlimited-user license Use code tags, thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
6 Replies
ff_vxfs(1M)															       ff_vxfs(1M)

NAME
ff_vxfs: ff - fast find: list file names and statistics for a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special... DESCRIPTION
reads the inode list and directories of each special file, assuming it to be a VxFS file system, and prints inode data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the pathname for each saved inode, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in inode order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line pro- duced by is: pathname inumber The pathname is preceded by a dot unless you specify the generic option. The maximum information displays is: pathname inumber size owner The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num days, means less than num days, and num means exactly num days. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. prints summary information to standard error output in addition to the report sent to standard output. Options recognizes the following options: Select a file if the inode has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the inode has been changed in num days. Specify the VxFS file system type. Generate names for any inodes specified in the inode-list. Do not display the inode number after each pathname. Generate a list of all pathnames for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with the inode if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an inode if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each pathname. The default prefix is dot Print only special files and files with set-user-ID mode (VxFS-specific option). Write the file size, in bytes, after each pathname. Write the owner's login name after each pathname. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. Operands recognizes the following operand: special Name of a VxFS file system. EXAMPLES
List the pathnames and inumbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of inumbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified in the last two days displaying the pathname, inumber, and owner's user name List all files on the same file system, including the pathname and inumber of each file, that were last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all pathnames associated with inodes and Execute the command on a VxFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ncheck_vxfs(1M), fstab(4). ff_vxfs(1M)