Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need small modification in script Post 302958162 by praveenk768 on Tuesday 20th of October 2015 05:27:31 AM
Old 10-20-2015
Need small modification in script

Hi All,
In the below script, I am calling one sql file test.sql If this file returns any data then I have to generate this file test_$RUN_DATE.FCNA If the sql files returns no data then I dont want to generate this file test_$RUN_DATE.FCNA.
I tried one approach like: check the size of FCNA files and based on this I am deleting the FCNA file. But, client are not okay with deletion of file.
IS there any to handle this requirement.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Case 9523 SQL to run daily at 7pm
# spool file is placed in otmtms/staging then the normal ftp script will copy
# it to otmtms/out for pickup and otmtms/acrhive
# Version 1.0 12-28-2012
SQL_FILE=/ftp/otmtms/config/test.sql
#SID=OTM60APL2D
SID=OAPL2P
RUN_DATE=$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)
tempfile=/tmp/.exec_$RUN_DATE
# Set ORACLE_HOME and related variables
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
NLS_LANG=American_America.UTF8; export NLS_LANG
# Set PATH
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH; export PATH
sqlplus -S /nolog <<EOF
spool /ftp/test_$RUN_DATE.FCNA
whenever sqlerror exit FAILURE
connect SHIPMAXOWNER/shipmaxowner@$SID 
@$SQL_FILE
EOF
#fcna= /ftp/test_$RUN_DATE.FCNA
#if [ -s $fcna ]
#then
#	echo "Exception Encountered****Notification sent via maill****".
#else
#    rm  /ftp/test_$RUN_DATE.FCNA
#	echo "deletion success****".
#fi

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please wrap all code, files, input & output/errors in CODE tags.
It makes them far easier to read and preserves multiple spaces for indenting or fixed width data.

Last edited by rbatte1; 10-20-2015 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: Wrapped in CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in script modification

i have the following perl script.but it searches for a given filename. i want to run the same script in my directoy which has subdirectories too and it has to display the file if sreach satisfies along with directory name. can anyone help me: perl script: my $FILE = $ARGV; for zf in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.suryakumar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a modification on this script

Hi All I have files contains rows which look like this: 2 20090721_16:58:47.173 JSUD2 JD1M1 20 IAM 966591835270 249918113182 b 3610 ACM b 3614 ACM b 3713 CPG b 3717 CPG f 5799 REL b 5815 RLC b 5817 RLC :COMMA: NCI=00,FCI=6101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,OFI=00,USI: :COMMB: BCI=1234: :RELCAUSE:10: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time modification in script

Hi All.. I have a file with a number of non-unique entries as below: 1243 01:42:29,567 --> 01:42:32,108 blah blah .... blah blah .. 1244 01:42:32,709 --> 01:42:34,921 blah blah .... 1245 01:42:35,214 --> 01:42:36,533 blah blah .... blah blah .. blah blah .... blah blah .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: UniRock
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script Modification

Hi all Iam very new to Shell Scripting, I have to modify a shell script looking at an existing one except that it will query against some table X in A database. Befor Spooling check if there are any reload files if there archive the files. The above scipt executes some abc.sql which will b a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varunkv
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync Script Modification

Hi I have a rsync that runs from a remote location to our central data store. The sync generates a log locally not in the central location. I would like to modify the rsync to add the following The log, instead of filing locally it gets sent to a area on the central data store once the syncs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

I want the below script to omit every chunk of data that contains a specific hostname. here's the scenario. i have a configuration file that contains the configuration of several hosts. a sample of this configuration file is this: define host { address ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification of Summation Script

hi guys, i have a script that basically just sums up the values of 2 particular columns in a file, grouped by the columns specified as well The script is quite long, but it's basically just repetitive.. just for each condition. This script only accepts one type of input file. ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneim
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script modification

Hi I have some list of files in a .dat i need to read them line by line and assing them to variables. For ex: list of files are some,some1 i need two variables g1 as some and g2 as some1. and then need to perform some operations on g1 and g2 for which i can get some o/p, i need to capture... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification in script

Hi, I have below script, i want to monitor that that ntp server listed in setting is under sync or not. I wrote below script but it is not working properly. Here are problems, first it should server under sync if "*" shows and rest if shows "+" it means it is next server in waiting list.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

can someone help me identify what i'm doing wrong here: awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{c=0} /./ && /./ { if ($3 < 2) { print ; c++ } END { print c":OK" } else if (($3 >= 2) && ($3 < 4)) { print ; c++ } END { print c":WARNING" } else if ($3 >= 4) { print ; c++ } END { print c":CRITICAL" } }'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oracle - Manages an Oracle Database instance SYNOPSIS
oracle [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | methods | meta-data] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for oracle. Manages an Oracle Database instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). (required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID along with its home should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user The Oracle owner (aka ORACLE_OWNER). If not specified, then it is set to the owner of file $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/*${ORACLE_SID}.ora. If this does not work for you, just set it explicitely. (optional, string, no default) ipcrm Sometimes IPC objects (shared memory segments and semaphores) belonging to an Oracle instance might be left behind which prevents the instance from starting. It is not easy to figure out which shared segments belong to which instance, in particular when more instances are running as same user. What we use here is the "oradebug" feature and its "ipc" trace utility. It is not optimal to parse the debugging information, but I am not aware of any other way to find out about the IPC information. In case the format or wording of the trace report changes, parsing might fail. There are some precautions, however, to prevent stepping on other peoples toes. There is also a dumpinstipc option which will make us print the IPC objects which belong to the instance. Use it to see if we parse the trace file correctly. Three settings are possible: - none: don't mess with IPC and hope for the best (beware: you'll probably be out of luck, sooner or later) - instance: try to figure out the IPC stuff which belongs to the instance and remove only those (default; should be safe) - orauser: remove all IPC belonging to the user which runs the instance (don't use this if you run more than one instance as same user or if other apps running as this user use IPC) The default setting "instance" should be safe to use, but in that case we cannot guarantee that the instance will start. In case IPC objects were already left around, because, for instance, someone mercilessly killing Oracle processes, there is no way any more to find out which IPC objects should be removed. In that case, human intervention is necessary, and probably _all_ instances running as same user will have to be stopped. The third setting, "orauser", guarantees IPC objects removal, but it does that based only on IPC objects ownership, so you should use that only if every instance runs as separate user. Please report any problems. Suggestions/fixes welcome. (optional, string, default instance) clear_backupmode The clear of the backup mode of ORACLE. (optional, boolean, default false) shutdown_method How to stop Oracle is a matter of taste it seems. The default method ("checkpoint/abort") is: alter system checkpoint; shutdown abort; This should be the fastest safe way bring the instance down. If you find "shutdown abort" distasteful, set this attribute to "immediate" in which case we will shutdown immediate; If you still think that there's even better way to shutdown an Oracle instance we are willing to listen. (optional, string, default checkpoint/abort) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oracle resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_oracle ocf:heartbeat:oracle params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oracle_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)