Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TOD battery dead
Operating Systems AIX TOD battery dead Post 302958138 by Linusolaradm1 on Monday 19th of October 2015 08:27:43 PM
Old 10-19-2015
TOD battery dead

My TOD battery of IBM 285 is dead
Fast question: i have to buy an original battery(there is only one on ebay!)
Or i can use a normal lithium battery for pc bios?
Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A1000 Battery Question

After searching and finding the link to the A1000 pdf ( http://192.18.99.138/805-7147/805-7147.pdf ) my questions are: 1) I have a battery failure on a A1000. I know that caching is disabled and it reports to see log. After reading the manual I have learned that the battery is a data-cache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
2 Replies

2. Solaris

SE 3510 Battery Issue

Hi everyone, I changed the batteries on 29-Jun-2008 for the storedges. But received error messages from the server today,I used the "-u" option to update the service date information but it syntaticaly fails. Why? Jul 4 12:00:03 auriga SUNWscsdServer: <rctrl8001> The battery on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

3. Linux

Battery always 0%

Im running Ubuntu 9.04 and the battery indicator on my laptop always reads 0% no matter what. Whether im charging or discharging, the pop up says: "Computer is running on battery power Laptop battery discharging (0.0%) Battery discharge time is currently unknown" When plugged in it says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charbs
2 Replies

4. Hardware

StorageTek 2540 battery failed

Hi all, My Sun StorageTek 2540 have redundant batteries, but a battery was failed. # /opt/SUNWstkcam/bin/sscs list -d MyStorage1 fru Name FRU Alarm State Status Revision Unique Id -------------------------- ----------- --------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
2 Replies

5. Programming

c/c++ clock like , battery charging

Hi all , I need to make a program who describes this ( upper ) graphic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Sawtooth-td_and_fd.png My idea is to implement a battery charge x: 0 to time T, y : 0 to 1 values. Can you help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerold
1 Replies
ACPI(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ACPI(1)

NAME
acpi - Shows battery status and other ACPI information SYNOPSIS
acpi [options] DESCRIPTION
acpi Shows information from the /proc or the /sys filesystem, such as battery status or thermal information. OPTIONS
-b | --battery show battery information -a | --ac-adapter show ac adapter information -t | --thermal show thermal information -c | --cooling show cooling device information -V | --everything show every device, overrides above options -s | --show-empty show non-operational devices -i | --details show additional details if available: * battery capacity information * temperature trip points -f | --fahrenheit use fahrenheit as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -k | --kelvin use kelvin as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -p | --proc use the old /proc interface, default is the new /sys one -d | --directory <dir> path to ACPI info (either /proc/acpi or /sys/class) -h | --help display help and exit -v | --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
The original version of this manual page was written by Paul Telford <pxt@debian.org> for the Debian system. Newer additions were done by Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU GPL. ACPI(1)