Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting dated log files whihc are older than an year Post 302958096 by nanz143 on Monday 19th of October 2015 09:30:25 AM
Old 10-19-2015
sorry.. i did not understand this..

i did a grep to list the valid files which need to be checked whether they are greater than an year and if greater delete them. need help here

Code:
 ls -ltr | grep 'Ft*.*.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     250407 Apr 25  2014 Ftprocessname.20140425.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  29600684 Apr 25  2014 Ftprocessname1.20140425.log
-rw-r--r-- 1  root root   2542462 Apr 25  2014 Ftprocessname2.20140425.log
-rw-r--r-- 1  root root   1324375 Apr 25  2014 processname1.20140425.log
-rw-r--r-- 1  root root   5593542 Apr 25  2014 processname2.20140425.log
-rw-r--r-- 1  root root   5593542 Apr 25  2014 processname1.20140425.log

Last edited by nanz143; 10-19-2015 at 01:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than a given date

Hi all, I want to delete all files in a directory which are older than a given date. I thought of doing it by creating a file by the required date by using touch command. And then i would use find command on that file and try to find files older than that. I searched the man and found a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Deleting Files Older than 24 hours

Hi, I am using Solaris Box, I need to delete file(cookies.html) from the path(/usr/temp) which are older than 24 hours(I want in hours, not in days) Can u provide the command for the above query (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar803
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I want to delete folder/files older than 7 days. Im using the command below. find /test/test1 -mtime +7 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -Rf /test/test1/* which works ok, but it deletes the test1 folder as well which i dont want. The test1 folder will have a list of sub-folders which in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shezam
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting specfic files older than N days

Hello, I am trying to delete specific files older than 7 days that start with FSTRnnnn (nnnn=sequnce number) from /home/users/userdir I.E cd home/users/userdir ll FSTR0001 Jul 8 14:20 FSTR0002 Jul 6 12:01 FSTR0003 May 25 09:45 FSTR0004 April 2 17:20 MSTR0034 Jul 6 12:45... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting older files of a particular type

hi This should be easy but i'm obviously missing something obvious. :) I'm looking to delete files from yesterday and older of extension .txt and there a range of subfolders with these files in them. The command runs but doesn't delete anything. SUSE 10. find /testfolder -maxdepth 2 -type f... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmap
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I am new to unix I am looking for a script to delete files older than 7 days but i also want to exclude certain directories (like arch,log .....) and also some files with extensions ( like .ksh, .ch, ..............) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MAYAMAYA0451
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than 6 hours

Hi All, I am using the below script to find all the files in a folder which are older than 6 hours and delete all those files, but some how I am not getting the required output. find $HOME/Log -type f -name "*.log" -amin +360 -exec rm *.* {} \ can any one please check and let me know... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhasri_2020
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 1 year through FTP

Hi All, I want to login to a remote server using FTP command and then check for files older than 1 year and delete those files. Please let me know how can i achieve this using Unix Commands. Thanks in Advance, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Files Older than 1 hours.

How to Deleting Files Older than 1 hours. Base on SunOS. this file gen every 1 min. -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 4960 Jan 27 02:02 23_201301270201.log -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody amudu 2325 Jan 27 02:03 33_201301270202.log -rw-r--r-- 1 nobody amudu 3255 Jan 27 02:03... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help deleting files one week older

Hi, I need to delete *.bad files which are 1 week old. How can I achieve that. I tried doing through below script but it deletes all the files. find ./ -mtime +7 -exec rm *.bad {} \; The below one works but i want to delete only files with .bad extension find . -mtime +7 | xargs rm (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
2 Replies
PAM_SECURETTY(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_SECURETTY(8)

NAME
pam_securetty - Limit root login to special devices SYNOPSIS
pam_securetty.so [debug] DESCRIPTION
pam_securetty is a PAM module that allows root logins only if the user is logging in on a "secure" tty, as defined by the listing in /etc/securetty. pam_securetty also checks to make sure that /etc/securetty is a plain file and not world writable. This module has no effect on non-root users and requires that the application fills in the PAM_TTY item correctly. For canonical usage, should be listed as a required authentication method before any sufficient authentication methods. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The user is allowed to continue authentication. Either the user is not root, or the root user is trying to log in on an acceptable device. PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication is rejected. Either root is attempting to log in via an unacceptable device, or the /etc/securetty file is world writable or not a normal file. PAM_INCOMPLETE An application error occurred. pam_securetty was not able to get information it required from the application that called it. PAM_SERVICE_ERR An error occurred while the module was determining the user's name or tty, or the module could not open /etc/securetty. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN The module could not find the user name in the /etc/passwd file to verify whether the user had a UID of 0. Therefore, the results of running this module are ignored. EXAMPLES
auth required pam_securetty.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
securetty(5), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_securetty was written by Elliot Lee <sopwith@cuc.edu>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_SECURETTY(8)