Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing Shell Script from PHP Webpage Post 302958071 by rahul2662 on Monday 19th of October 2015 06:31:52 AM
Old 10-19-2015
Executing Shell Script from PHP Webpage

Hello ,

I am trying to execute a small shell script from a PHP Webpage.

Below is the shell script : 1.sh

$ cat /home/oracle/rahul/1.sh

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
echo "`date` : Report generation in progress" > /home/oracle/rahul/report.txt
echo "Run successfully script";

Below is the PHP Script : index1.php and I copied this file in /var/www/html directory

Code:
<?php
        $old_path = getcwd();
        chdir('/home/oracle/rahul/');
        $output = shell_exec("sh 1.sh");
        echo "<pre>$output</pre>";
        chdir($old_path);
?>

When I am trying to run the PHP Script from the command line using : php index1.php then it is executing fine and generating the Output file : /home/oracle/rahul/report.txt however when I am trying to run the url i.e : IPADDRESS/index1.php then it is having problem and I an not able to see anything on my browser.

Last edited by rahul2662; 10-19-2015 at 07:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script is not executing

Hi, I am trying to execute the below shell script: script name(ss1). ss1 was given permission - 744 before executing. name: ss1 #ss1 #usage:ss1 ls who pwd :wq I tried to execute $ss1 (Enter) Its not executing.... It says that ss1 is not found: echo $SHELL. The o/put i got is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a Shell Script

I am trying to run a shell script using the ./<ScriptName> command, but the server returns an error bash: ./Script1.sh: Permission denied What variable do I need to set to avoid this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Expect script from a Webpage using PHP

I have a webpage that is in HTML and PHP. In PHP I have tried using exec, system, shell_exec and passthru functions to call an Expect Script file (temp.exp). This Expect file spawns a telnet session that uses "expect/send" commands to retrieve information from an environmental unit (not a normal... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CCUSmith
0 Replies

4. Web Development

php script + not displaying webpage

Hi guys Im in the process of designing a website for my company which does the following 1) Daily execution a perl script. The perl script's output is diverted to a .html file. 2) The .html file generated from 1) sets up a centralised webpage showing options as radio buttons (the radio... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read webpage from shell script

Hey experts, I am trying to read a webpage and want to search for a text patter (case insensitive). Please help me acquire this. If the text is found i will receive a mail which can be hardcoded in the script. I am not a big fan of using PERL script. Please help. Machine: AIX... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/tme-0.8/bus/multibus:~/tme-0.8/bus/sbus:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits32:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits64:~/tme-0.8/generic:~/tme-0.8/host/bsd:~/tme-0.8/host/gtk:~/tme-0.8/host/posix:~/tme-0.8/ic:~/tme-0.8/ic/ieee754:~/tme-0.8/ic/m68k:~/tme-0.8/ic/sparc:~/tme-0.8/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why we use -f while executing any shell script?

Hi All, I wanted to know why we use the '-f' option while executing script. in my case... abcd.sh -f any_evts 02 2014 abcd = Scriptname -f = dont know any_evts = Some file or string 02= month 2014 = year So in above pleas ehelp to understand here -f and other arguement like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajju
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing from shell , not from php

Hi, When I run command from php as www-data: cordova platform add android .. I get error without any solution in google. But when I run it from shell (also as www-data) - it works! So.. how to do to run this command from php but in shell (tty) not from php? Regards! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrkilu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch shell script with parameters from a webpage button

I want to create a simple html page that should contain 2 fields in which the user can write the input. Then I want to have a button that should launch a shell script with the parameters inserted by user in the fields from the webpage. This is the code behind my webpage: <html> <form... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running php index.php as shell in webpage

so i have a bit of a unique situation. i have an encrypted index.php file that that can't be run the normal way that a web browser would run it. if it is run the normal way, the php script will show only gibberish on the web browser, instead of the actual php code. when run from the command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
php-config(1)                                                   Scripting Language                                                   php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules installed on the Debian system --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO
php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 7.0.33-6+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+3. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2017 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2017 php-config(1)