Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use of sed inside perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of sed inside perl Post 302958052 by Tuxidow on Monday 19th of October 2015 01:45:03 AM
Old 10-19-2015
This is a snippet from a CGI code. I agree that I can do it in shell. But the situation is not permitting. :P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl Inside KSH

Hi there, I am new to Perl and KSH. The system I am using picks up the KSH scripts and uses them in a batch job control system. I am trying to set a variable from a perl command #!/bin/ksh -eaxp #******************************************************************************* # Testing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaadLive
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED inside while loop

Hi, im having problem creating a loop using my code: aside from the fact that the 1st variable (VAR) does not increment, it loops more than the expected output. for sample purposes, test csv contains 3 lines. #get number of lines in the file lines=$( wc -l < test.csv ) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paoie
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: an OR inside an IF .. im stuck

Hi all, I basically have an if statement that says if you have more than 5 changes you need to have the force flag set to 1 to proceed. like this if ((($Changes > 5) && ($force == 1)) || (($nChanges > 0) && ($Changes < 6))) { I now need to allow the force flag to be either 1 or 2 to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help using sed inside the loop.

Hi, i have written a script. it collects data based on the sql queries executed by it. i have multiple output files. after the output file is made i need to do some cosmetic changes in the files and then store them. i am unable to use sed conditions inside the loop. see below code for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed inside sed for replacing string

My need is : Want to change docBase="/something/something/something" to docBase="/only/this/path/for/all/files" I have some (about 250 files)xml files. In FileOne it contains <Context path="/PPP" displayName="PPP" docBase="/home/me/documents" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable inside sed

Problem: Need to read contents from a file and use that value inside sed as avariable. sample code below. THe below code replaces contents inside file123 for matched string with "$x" value only. but we want the value of x which is read from TextFile.txt to go in there. cat TextFile.txt|while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl inside shell

I am trying to find out the difference between two dates, for which I am using perl inside SHELL. Below are my codes. perl -MDate -e 'Date::Calc qw(Delta_DHMS);' perl -e '($Dd,$Dh,$Dm,$Ds) = Delta_DHMS($year1,$month1,$day1, $hour1,$min1,$sec1, $year2,$month2,$day2, $hour2,$min2,$sec2)' But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array inside sed

Hi guys Let me at first describe the whole thing that I'm trying to do. Lets say I have 100 files like the following one. Ow 1230 16.000000 -0.834000 16.083957 1.751652398 -17.20094528 -4.450623277 Hw 1231 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewrite sed to perl or run sed in perl

I am having trouble re-writing this sed code sed -nr 's/.*del(+)ins(+).*NC_0{4}(+).*g\.(+)_(+).*/\3\t\4\t\5\t\1\t\2/p' C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_position.txt > C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out_parse.txt in perl Basically, what the code does is parse text from two fields... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed inside shellscript

Hi All, I am trying to use sed command inside a shell script. The same sed command is working on command line, however its not working while using inside a shell script. From various sources i found , it could be done by using -i option, but its not working as well. sed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
11 Replies