Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences Post 302958038 by my_Perl on Sunday 18th of October 2015 04:53:37 PM
Old 10-18-2015
I am trying to use this command line for two large files. After entering the command line, the process got Killed. What should I do? I am using Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS and bash shell. It worked for small size files.

Last edited by my_Perl; 10-18-2015 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: editing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to extract details for particular file

Hi i have following file uuid ( RO) : 62701790-60da-dd9a-669d-a563aac1c435 host-uuid ( RO): 5f3f668d-a7c7-4e5f-a4a6-6e90fafb50ed sr-uuid ( RO): 62103d07-e0aa-acf3-2d9f-414ad3377bd0 device-config (MRO): location: /dev/xapi/block ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bp_vardhaman
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract from a file based on values in another file

Hello, I have two files that have delimited entries as shown below. I would like to use either Perl or Shell script to extract all the rows in File 1 corresponding to values in File 2 and output it to another File. File 1 ------- 1 36 24 Object1 2 45 36 Object2 3 96 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to extract a sentences of word from a text file.

Hi , i have a text file that contain a story How do i extract the out all the sentences that contain the word Mon. in C++ I only want to show those sentences that contain the word mon eg. Monkey on a tree. Rabbit jumping around the tree. I am very rich, I have lots of money. Today... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract details from XML file

Hi , I have one xml file contains more than 60 lines. I need to extract some details from the file and store it in new file.Not the whole file Please find the xml file below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DeploymentDescriptors xmlns="http://www.tibco.com/xmlns/dd"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences from a FASTA file based on another file

I have two files. File1 is shown below. >153L:B|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE RTDCYGNVNRIDTTGASCKTAKPEGLSYCGVSASKKIAERDLQAMDRYKTIIKKVGEKLCVEPAVIAGIISRESHAGKVL KNGWGDRGNGFGLMQVDKRSHKPQGTWNGEVHITQGTTILINFIKTIQKKFPSWTKDQQLKGGISAYNAGAGNVRSYARM DIGTTHDDYANDVVARAQYYKQHGY >16VP:A|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonfrans
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the sentences from a text file that matches a pattern list

Hi I have a big text file. I want to extract all the sentences that matches at least 70% (seventy percent) of the words from each sentence based on a word list called A. Say the format of the text file is as given below: This is the first sentence which consists of fifteen words... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract jil file details in a excelsheet

I am very new to shell scripting. I have a autosys jil file that looks like :-- /* ------------- JOB1 ------------------ */ insert_job: JOB1 job_type: b owner: cm@pelonmuck permission: gx,ge,wx,we,mx,me date_conditions: 1 days_of_week: mo,tu,we,th,fr,su start_time: "18:30"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_shell
9 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
The shar command writes a sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line op- erands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). The shar command is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) HISTORY
The shar command appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
The shar command makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. The shar command cannot handle files without a newline (' ') as the last character. It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD