Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process tool
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Process tool Post 302958029 by guy3145 on Sunday 18th of October 2015 11:21:28 AM
Old 10-18-2015
thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me.
i dont know currently what is the problem, i got this question from our R&D team and wanted to get a clue

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

5. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL Linux process activity monitoring tool from windows 7 system

I have 2 RHEL 5.9 system where customized applications are running. These 2 servers are with in a network (LAN) with each other.One application in say Server 1 can talk to another application in server 2 and vice versa. The applications are exchanging data among each other. Recently I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
sha512hmac(8)						   System Administrator's Manual					     sha512hmac(8)

NAME
sha512hmac - compute and check HMAC values SYNOPSIS
sha512hmac [OPTIONS] [-u | -k keyfile | -K key] [-c file [-q] | file [...] ] DESCRIPTION
The sha512hmac command can compute and/or verify HMAC and unkeyed checksum values for the contents of files. Variations such as sha384hmac, sha256hmac, and sha1hmac all operate similarly except that they use different digest algorithms. SELF-TEST As a safety measure, the tool will always attempt to verify a previously- computed HMAC over itself with the contents of a second file (sha512hmac.hmac for sha512hmac, and a similarly-named file for each variation) before processing any other files, and will exit with an error if the second file either cannot be read or does not match the computed value. OPTIONS
-c Check that the HMAC values and names listed in the specified file(s) are correct for the files which are available. The format of the files should match the output which the tool produces when computing the values: a hex-encoded HMAC value and then a filename, separated by whitespace. -q Suppress any output when checking values. -d cfgdir Specify the configuration directory to be used by the NSS library. The default location is /etc/pki/nssdb. -h algorithm Generate the HMAC value using a non-default hashing algorithm. The default is determined by the name used to invoke the tool (sha1hmac, sha256hmac, etc.). If no default can be derived this way, the default setting will be sha512. Specify help or another invalid value to obtain a list of recognized algorithms. -u Generate an unkeyed checksum instead of an HMAC. The output produced by the tool should then be comparable to that of sha1sum and related tools. -k filename Use the contents of the specified file as the secret key used in computing the HMAC values. If no key file or text is specified, a hard-coded default value is used. This option should always be used. -K text Use the text of the argument as the secret key used in computing the HMAC values. If no key file or text is specified, a hard-coded default value is used. -b Process file contents in binary mode, marking output as such by prefixing filenames with *. This option is not expected to have any other meaningful effect. -t bits Truncate HMAC values to a given length when computing or verifying them. -S Generate an HMAC over the tool itself and output it on standard out. This is a bootstrapping option which is not expected to be used. -P Attempt to pass all input files through prelink -y before processing their contents. The tool always attempts to do so when comput- ing or performing a self-check. EXAMPLES
Example output from sha1hmac, for files on the developer's system: e64db5e8a9b8a40091e5302fa4de0bfc6c5d19d0 /etc/passwd e7d93a2c70ec4d7720c6f2b033c1e5ea19f2d677 /etc/group d732d6df77114ea6b81a43d64655f86b1e5ee925 /etc/services ad92162bef979054a75d1f3510e6b05902bec641 /etc/hosts SEE ALSO
fipshmac(1), fipscheck(1), prelink(8) BUGS
Probably, but let's hope not. If you find any, please either report them in the bug database at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ against the "hmaccalc" component, or in the trac instance at https://fedorahosted.org/hmaccalc/. AUTHOR
Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com> hmaccalc 0.9.13 2009/03/19 sha512hmac(8)