Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users DOS/VB script of Remote Windows Server from AIX Post 302957942 by migurus on Friday 16th of October 2015 05:42:38 PM
Old 10-16-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourajit Seth
Hi
We use to run DOS and VB script in Windows Server . Now the requirement is to trigger the same script from AIX server by shell script , thus it would be executed in Remote Windows Server . Is it possible ( though SSH or any other way ) ?

Thanks
MS has subsystem for Unix (SUA) , it should help for remotely running stuff on the Windows from Unix

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

telnet script problem from DOS to AIX

hello, i made a script with a telnet scripting tool, tst10.exe, the problem is that when i put the commands send "rlogin aix57\m" wait "password:" send "op_syst.\m" wait "$" it do the login but a menu appears where you have to choose a terminal type, you have 8 options, 8 types of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to set up remote X Windows on AIX ?

Hi, I want to display a program on my local workstation, that is running on a remote AIX, and I have done the following: install an X server (Xming) on my windows machine enable X11 forwarding in Putty enable X11 forwarding for the SSH daemon restart SSH daemon text X... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to explore recursively remote windows path from AIX

Hi all, I am using Perl 5.8.8 on an Aix 6.1.0.0 to script a program which will retrieve files recursively on a remote Windows 2003 server and copy some of them on my Aix server. MobaSSH is installed on that windows server. When I used scp on the command line, it works fine, but not in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
LDIF2LDAP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LDIF2LDAP(8)

NAME
ldif2ldap - Directory Server script for adding entries SYNOPSIS
ldif2ldap [-Z serverID] [-D <rootdn>] -w <password> -f <ldifFile> [-P protocol] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Performs an import operation over LDAP to the Directory Server. To run this script, the server must be running. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -D Root DN The Directory Manager DN, or root DN. If not specified, the script will search the server instance configuration for the value. -w password The rootdn password. -f LDIF file The LDIF file with the entries to add. -P Protocol The connection protocol to connect to the Directory Server. Protocols are STARTTLS, LDAPS, LDAPI, and LDAP. If this option is skipped, the most secure protocol that is available is used. For LDAPI, AUTOBIND is also available for the root user. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
ldif2ldap -Z instance3 -D 'cn=directory manager' -w password -f /LDAP/ldif/entries.ldif -P STARTTLS Note: security must be enabled to use protocol STARTTLS. If STARTTLS is not available it will default to next strongest/available protocol automatically. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
ldif2ldap was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 LDIF2LDAP(8)