Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to remove columns from file at run time Post 302957886 by Amit Joshi on Friday 16th of October 2015 06:14:27 AM
Old 10-16-2015
Thanks Don Smilie , Solution is working fine but Need clarification for below

IAm=${0##*/} - I have understand that it is something like $0 but here we are removing leading string if it matches with pattern */

printf '%s\n' "$@" - It is converting horizontal argument to verital(like Column to Rows) but It would be helpful if you can explain how awk works after passing these values to awk.

I have tried to understand with manual in filesystem but could not understand.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines, Sorted with Time based columns using AWK & SORT

Hi having a file as follows MediaErr.log 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 02:12:16 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 02:22:47 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 03:41:26 84 Server1 Policy1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run this program with only one input file at a time

i have a program ABC, which runs every two minutes and takes the input according to the a value called "pointer" files need to be processed by ABC are input0001 input0002 input0003 input0004 input0005 current value of pointer is 0001, now program runs and takes all the files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command for add 2 columns and remove 2 columns in unix/performance tuning

Hi all, I have created a script which adding two columns and removing two columns for all files. Filename: Cust_information_1200_201010.txt Source Data: "1","Cust information","123","106001","street","1-203 high street" "1","Cust information","124","105001","street","1-203 high street" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate columns in input file

hello, I have an input file which looks like this: 2 C:G 17 -0.14 8.75 33.35 3 G:C 16 -2.28 0.98 28.22 4 C:G 15 0.39 11.06 29.31 5 G:C 14 2.64 5.17 36.07 6 G:C 13 -0.65 2.05 21.94 7 C:G 11 138.96 21.64 14.40 9 C:G 27 -2.40 6.95 27.98 10 C:G 26 2.89 15.60 34.33 11 G:C... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_usr
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove white space from specific columns in text file

Hello i have a text file like this: 1 AB AC AD EE 2 WE TR YT WW 3 AS UY RF YT the file is bigger , but that's an example of the data what i want to do is to merge all columns together except the first one, it will become like this : 1 ABACADEE 2 WETRYTWW 3 ASUYRFYT (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the file name in run time using shell.?

I want to take the file name as an input to the program and copy that file into new location using shell. Below program is not working properly. #!/bin/sh if ; then `/usr/bin/perl -pi -e's/(notifications_enabled\s*)(\d+)/$sub = "$1" . ("$2"== "0" ? "1":"0")/e; ' $file` `cp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen265
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove few columns from pipe delimited file

I have file as below column1|column2|column3|column4|column5| fill1|fill2|fill3|fill4|fill5| abc1|abc2|abc3|abc4|abc5| . . . . i need to remove column2,3, from that file column1|column4|column5| fill1|fill4|fill5| abc1|abc4|abc5| . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicates on multiple Key Columns and get the Latest Record from Date/Time Column

Hi Experts , we have a CDC file where we need to get the latest record of the Key columns Key Columns will be CDC_FLAG and SRC_PMTN_I and fetch the latest record from the CDC_PRCS_TS Can we do it with a single awk command. Please help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykodukula
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove blank columns from a tab delimited text file

Hello, I have some tab delimited files that may contain blank columns. I would like to delete the blank columns if they exist. There is no clear pattern for when a blank occurs. I was thinking of using sed to replace instances of double tab with blank, sed 's/\t\t//g' All of the examples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)                                                     OpenSSL                                                    SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)