Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get/print host string only from tnsping output? Post 302957856 by Don Cragun on Friday 16th of October 2015 02:49:37 AM
Old 10-16-2015
Try:
Code:
awk -F '[(] *Host *= *' 'NF>1{print substr($2, 1, match($2, / *[)]/) - 1)}'

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix: print on printer on another machine (host)

Hi all,sorry for my english but i don't speak it very well. I have a problem, i need to print a file from a unix machine to a printer on another unix machine (with another host). I think that it's possible making a connection with telnet to this machine and after to print on the machine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giugy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tnsping is not working

How to enable this command ? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:34 AM ---------- I forgot to tell it is Unix server (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all Host on local network

Hello guys, I would like to develop a script which takes a host name as argument and displays a message whether the host is on the local network or not. How can I accomplish that? Is there a file or command that I can use to list all host on the local network? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple values from a tnsping output

Hi all, Can anyone help with the following request? I need to extract HOST value, SERVICE_NAME and msec value from a tnsping output and append to a file. The tnsping output is typically as follows: Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/advice parsing Oracle tnsping output

Hi, tnsping is an Oracle tool that is sort of like a ping command. Unfortunately it does not come with a tool that can be used to parse its output which is very frustrating. Example output of tnsping are as below: $: tnsping testp1 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.2.0 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Host name in front of ps output

hello All. I am working on something that should be really simply. It turns out that its not. I am trying to produce output to list the hostname along with all the current running programs. the script im using is: for PS in `ps -Ao "user,args" | cut -d' ' -f1,2` do echo "`uname -n`, $PS"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Host name in front of pkginfo output

hello all I am trying to create a comma seperated file of the pkginfo command. The follwoing works pretty well. pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' ORS=', ' however, there are two issues. 1, For some reason it does not load into excel properly. It loads as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file

Hi, I need some advise on how to print 'sections' of the attached file. I am searching for some that says Marked Corrupt and print some lines after it. At the moment I am running the command below: sed -n -e '/Marked Corrupt/{N;N;p;}' rman_list_validate.txtThis gives me the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)