Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete row if both percentage values are equal to zero Post 302957710 by RudiC on Wednesday 14th of October 2015 06:59:30 AM
Old 10-14-2015
Try
Code:
awk '!(2==gsub(/>0%/, "&"))' file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the percentage for the values in column

Hi, I am having the file which contains the following two columns. 518 _factorial 256 _main 73 _atol 52 ___do_global_ctors 170 ___main 52 ___do_g How can calculate the percentage of each value in the first column ? first need to get the sum of the first column and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleru_raja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data befor some field in a row of data depending up on values in row

Hi I need to do some thing like "find and insert before that " in a file which contains many records. This will be clear with the following example. The original data record should be some thing like this 60119827 RTMS_LOCATION_CDR INSTANT_POSITION_QUERY 1236574686123083rtmssrv7 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Values are Equal but They are Not

Does anybody understand why this is not being interpreted as true. Script: #!/bin/bash errored=`grep "errored" new_update_scripts.txt` echo $errored = "errored" if ; then echo true else echo false fi Output: $ UpdateScripts errored = errored false (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwmackey
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to calculate the percentage/fraction of each value in a row against the maximum row value?

Hi, For each row in a file, i would like to identify the maximum value and calculate the percentage/fraction of the max for other values in the row. Then, I would like to print a copy of the file where values above a threshold are replaced with "1" and other values are left as "0". In the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Working out the percentage between two values

Hi there, I am totally new to Unix, I am trying to work out the percentage between two values in a ksh shell script and assign the result to a variable. Value1=577 Values2=244 So the calculation would be as follows: ((Value1 - Value2) / Value1) * 100 How would I be able to achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NextLevelAndi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare columns for equal values and output a summary

Hi all I am trying to scan a file that has 3 columns: red blue 123351 red blue 848655 red blue 126354 red blue 023158 black white 654896 red blue 650884 I want an output that sums the rows that have matching columns 1 and 2 :wall: red blue has 5 entries black white has 1 entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reno
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep 3 values in each row

Hi, I have n number of values like 1 2 3 4 I want the output like 1 2 3 4 5 6 - - - - - - Please help me on this:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cns1710
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition of values in row

file content are like this sam,22,29,23,24,25,26,22 i want to add the values from column 3 (fix column no) to as per user input say up to column 8 (variable as per user) can we do this without using "awk" for each column (as number of columns are variable as per user input ) Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing values in a column if they equal a certain value

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file where some lines have the string "NA" in the second column. For these lines, I want to replace NA with the value in the first column, the symbol underscore followed by the value in the fourth column. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Input: 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting consecutive equal values in a file

Hello everyone, I have a requirement as shown below. I need to delete consecutive same values from the source file and give it as output file. Source: a,b,c,d,e,e,f,g Target: a,b,c,d,f,g The repeating value "e" should be deleted from the file completely. How can I achieve this... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsikrishna928
14 Replies
OSACOMPILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     OSACOMPILE(1)

NAME
osacompile -- compile AppleScripts and other OSA language scripts SYNOPSIS
osacompile [-l language] [-e command] [-o name] [-d] [-r type:id] [-t type] [-c creator] [-x] [-s] [-u] [-a arch] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
osacompile compiles the given files, or standard input if none are listed, into a single output script. Files may be plain text or other compiled scripts. The options are as follows: -l language Override the language for any plain text files. Normally, plain text files are compiled as AppleScript. -e command Enter one line of a script. Script commands given via -e are prepended to the normal source, if any. Multiple -e options may be given to build up a multi-line script. Because most scripts use characters that are special to many shell programs (e.g., AppleScript uses single and double quote marks, ``('', ``)'', and ``*''), the command will have to be correctly quoted and escaped to get it past the shell intact. -o name Place the output in the file name. If -o is not specified, the resulting script is placed in the file ``a.scpt''. The value of -o partly determines the output file format; see below. -x Save the resulting script as execute-only. The following options are only relevant when creating a new bundled applet or droplet: -s Stay-open applet. -u Use startup screen. -a arch Create the applet or droplet for the specified target architecture arch. The allowable values are ``ppc'', ``i386'', and ``x86_64''. The default is to create a universal binary. The following options control the packaging of the output file. You should only need them for compatibility with classic Mac OS or for cus- tom file formats. -d Place the resulting script in the data fork of the output file. This is the default. -r type:id Place the resulting script in the resource fork of the output file, in the specified resource. -t type Set the output file type to type, where type is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. -c creator Set the output file creator to creator, where creator is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. If no options are specified, osacompile produces a Mac OS X format script file: data fork only, with no type or creator code. If the -o option is specified and the file does not already exist, osacompile uses the filename extension to determine what type of file to create. If the filename ends with ``.app'', it creates a bundled applet or droplet. If the filename ends with ``.scptd'', it creates a bun- dled compiled script. Otherwise, it creates a flat file with the script data placed according to the values of the -d and -r options. EXAMPLES
To produce a script compatible with classic Mac OS: osacompile -r scpt:128 -t osas -c ToyS example.applescript SEE ALSO
osascript(1), osalang(1) Mac OS X November 12, 2008 Mac OS X