Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Snmpd dying on centos7.1
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Snmpd dying on centos7.1 Post 302957625 by cjcox on Tuesday 13th of October 2015 10:26:43 AM
Old 10-13-2015
Take a look at your snmpd.conf and take out the reference. I think maybe you upgraded and maybe either you didn't upgrade the proprietary HP snmp rpm or something like that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Internet dying in Debian?

For some reason after a while my internet connection dies. I just moved on to Debian from Ubuntu and I can't find the dhclient-program to reconfigure dhcp. Pretty new to *nix's. ONe thing I noticed while rebooting (do get my connection back) is that it configures dhcp and says: reconfigure (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

2. Programming

Java application dying randomly

Hi, (First post, please be gental!) I have a java app that I am running on unix (centos) But it keeps dying randomly. The times seem random from anything between 3 hours and 3 days. I have a cronjob running to restart it when ever it dies but I would rather this happened less often. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sm9ai
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Utilities not dying after script run

Hi folks, Friendly router geek wanting to be a programmer here... So I worked with another guy here and came up with this to capture Unix admin data: #!/bin/ksh # # # Set Default Paths # PATH=/usr/apps/client/bin:$PATH; export PATH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
4 Replies

4. Linux

CentOS7 systemd-timer

hi moring everyone, i has used systemd-timer running the task, i set every 5 second execute 1 times,but the systemd-timer don't by that also random times execute. what's reason. testest.timer configure ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shean
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move NIS Server Solaris 10 to CentOS7

Hi, I hope somebody can help me. I wand to Move my NIS server on Solaris 10 (there are 2 Slaves on Linux) to CentOS7. Do you have any procedures or experience to do this? Thanking in anticipation! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Penguin99
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smb & nmb not starting at boot - CentOS7

I would like the smb and nmb to start on boot. In the terminal (as root) I did: /sbin/chkconfig smb --addor chkconfig --add sambaor chkconfig --add /sbin/smbdresault is message like below : error reading information on service smb: No such file or directory Please use CODE tags as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: momed131
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Are the BSDs dying?

Source a quick google search making clear that this isn't really new, and if we look at our bsd Forum we see that its the only operation systems forum with the last comment dated to June last year, whereas all the others have more recent comments. One comment dated to 2014 is exactly what I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodona
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CentOS7 restoring file capabilities

Quite an obscure question I think. We have a rebuild process for remote sites that allows us to PXE rebuild a till (actually a PC with a touch screen and various fancy bits) running CentOS. The current CentOS5 tills work just fine with a tar image restore and some personalisation. Sadly,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Stop http service, yum still work CentOS7

Can anyone explain me why yum still working when I stop http service on my localmachine. If I'm not wrong, yum repository use port 80 and 443, so stop http service should technicly stop possibility to install packages ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: veloxcbr
6 Replies
SNMPCONF(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPCONF(1)

NAME
snmpconf - creates and modifies SNMP configuration files SYNOPSIS
snmpconf [OPTIONS] [fileToCreate] Start with: snmpconf -g basic_setup Or even just: snmpconf DESCRIPTION
snmpconf is a simple Perl script that walks you through setting up a configuration file step by step. It should be fairly straight forward to use. Merely run it and answer its questions. In its default mode of operation, it prompts the user with menus showing sections of the various configuration files it knows about. When the user selects a section, a sub-menu is shown listing of the descriptions of the tokens that can be created in that section. When a description is selected, the user is prompted with questions that construct the configuration line in question. Finally, when the user quits the program any configuration files that have been edited by the user are saved to the local directory, fully commented. A particularly useful option is the -g switch, which walks a user through a specific set of configuration questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for an example. OPTIONS
-f Force overwriting existing files in the current directory without prompting the user if this is a desired thing to do. -i When finished, install the files into the location where the global system commands expect to find them. -p When finished, install the files into the users home directory's .snmp subdirectory (where the applications will also search for configuration files). -I DIRECTORY When finished, install the files into the directory DIRECTORY. -a Don't ask any questions. Simply read in the various known configuration files and write them back out again. This has the effect of "auto-commenting" the configuration files for you. See the NEAT TRICKS section below. -rall|none Read in either all or none of the found configuration files. Normally snmpconf prompts you for which files you wish to read in. Reading in these configuration files will merge these files with the results of the questions that it asks of you. -R FILE,... Read in a specific list of configuration files. -g GROUPNAME Groups of configuration entries can be created that can be used to walk a user through a series of questions to create an initial configuration file. There are no menus to navigate, just a list of questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for a good example. -G List all the known groups. -c CONFIGDIR snmpconf uses a directory of configuration information to learn about the files and questions that it should be asking. This option tells snmpconf to use a different location for configuring itself. -q Run slightly more quietly. Since this is an interactive program, I don't recommend this option since it only removes information from the output that is designed to help you. -d Turn on lots of debugging output. -D Add even more debugging output in the form of Perl variable dumps. NEAT TRICKS
snmpconf -g basic_setup Have I mentioned this command enough yet? It's designed to walk someone through an initial setup for the snmpd(8) daemon. Really, you should try it. snmpconf -R /usr/local/snmp/snmpd.conf -a -f snmpd.conf Automatically reads in an snmpd.conf file (for example) and adds comments to them describing what each token does. Try it. It's cool. NOTES
snmpconf is actually a very generic utility that could be easily configured to help construct just about any kind of configuration file. Its default configuration set of files are SNMP based. SEE ALSO
snmpd(8), snmp_config(5), snmp.conf(5), snmpd.conf(5) V5.6.2.1 25 Feb 2003 SNMPCONF(1)