Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Command to find file system details on AIX Post 302957553 by dukessd on Monday 12th of October 2015 05:57:44 PM
Old 10-12-2015
Really!?!

Ref:
Code:
# man du

Code:
-k 	Calculates the block count in 1024-byte units rather than the default 512-byte units.
-m 	Calculates the block count in MB units rather than the default 512-byte units. The output values for the disk usage would be in floating point numbers as value of each unit in bytes is significantly high.

HTH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on the ls command and file types

Hey y'all, I need some help with the nitty gritty of the ls command. -First off in the man pages in the -l mode the first character can be "door" can anyone tell me what a door is??? -also in the -l mode the first character can be "fifo"or"pipe" can anyone tell me what a this is??? -What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob358
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Find AIX system parameters

System Parameters: maximum number of processes = 2048 Network parameters: ipqmaxlen - 512 rfc1323 - 1 sb_max - 1310720 (2*655360) tcp_recvspace - 65536 tcp_sendspace - 65536 Udp_recvspace - 655360 Udp_sendspace 65536 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

4. AIX

Command to get Disk Adapter details in AIX

Hi, What is the command to get the disk adapter performance details in AIX?. Guide me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command AIX

Hi all , could anyone please help with find command in AIX. I am trying to find files but there are more than 30thousand files in there.I realise I need to use xargs somehow but dunno the correct way to pull this. find /log_directory/* -prune -xdev -type f -mtime +20 | xargs ls -l the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinlomo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file Details with find -mmin

I'm new to this and I have done a lot of research and am 99% done with my ksh script BUT I need help with. The script looks at Journal files and reports back on any that have not been updated for 15 min. Everything works but I wanted more detail (added -ls) and now I'm getting dups. Original code:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print column details from fixed width file using awk command

hi, i have a fixed width file with multiple columns and need to print data using awk command. i use: awk -F "|" '($5 == BH) {print $1,$2,$3}' <non_AIM target>.txt for a delimiter file. but now i have a fixed width file like below: 7518 8269511BH 20141224951050N8262 11148 8269511BH... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcdg859
5 Replies

9. AIX

How to find the details of Fonts on AIX?

Hi, Can someone help me out, how I can find the details of the Fonts installed on AIX, details such as the font type, directory, Non-Latin Fonts like Greek, Hebrew, or Arabic, starting with Arabic Objective: Oracle Reports creates PDF on AIX we want to use ARABIC Fonts which are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
THIN_METADATA_SIZE(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     THIN_METADATA_SIZE(8)

NAME
thin_metadata_size - thin provisioning metadata device/file size calculator. SYNOPSIS
thin_metadata_size [options] DESCRIPTION
thin_metadata_size calculates the size of the thin provisioning metadata based on the block size of the thin provisioned devices, the size of the thin provisioning pool and the maximum number of all thin prisioned devices and snapshots. Because thin provisioning pools are holding widely variable contents, this tool is needed to provide sensible initial default size. -b, --block-size BLOCKSIZE[bskKmMgGtTpPeEzZyY] Block size of thin provisioned devices in units of bytes,sectors,kilobytes,kibibytes,... respectively. Default is in sectors with- out a block size unit specifier. Size/number option arguments can be followed by unit specifiers in short one character and long form (eg. -b1m or -b1megabytes). -s, --pool-size POOLSIZE[bskKmMgGtTpPeEzZyY] Thin provisioning pool size in units of bytes,sectors,kilobytes,kibibytes,... respectively. Default is in sectors without a pool size unit specifier. -m, --max-thins #[bskKmMgGtTpPeEzZyY] Maximum sum of all thin provisioned devices and snapshots. Unit identifier supported to allow for convenient entry of large quanti- ties, eg. 1000000 = 1M. Default is absolute quantity without a number unit specifier. -u, --unit {bskKmMgGtTpPeEzZyY} Output unit specifier in units of bytes,sectors,kilobytes,kibibytes,... respectively. Default is in sectors without an output unit specifier. -n, --numeric-only [short|long] Limit output to just the size number with the optional unit specifier character/string. -h, --help Print help and exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLES
Calculates the thin provisioning metadata device size for block size 64 kilobytes, pool size 1 terabytes and maximum number of thin provi- sioned devices and snapshots of 1000 in units of sectors with long output: thin_metadata_size -b64k -s1t -m1000 Or (using the long options instead) for block size 1 gigabyte, pool size 1 petabytes and maximum number of thin provisioned devices and snapshots of 1 million with numeric only output in units of gigabytes: thin_metadata_size --block-size=1g --pool-size=1p --max-thins=1M --unit=g --numeric-only Same as before (1g,1p,1M,numeric-only) but with unit specifier character appended: thin_metadata_size --block-size=1giga --pool-size=1petabytes --max-thins=1mebi --unit=g --numeric-only=short Or with unit specifier string appended: thin_metadata_size --block-size=1giga --pool-size=1petabytes --max-thins=1mebi --unit=g -nlong DIAGNOSTICS
thin_metadata_size returns an exit code of 0 for success or 1 for error. SEE ALSO
thin_dump(8) thin_check(8) thin_repair(8) thin_restore(8) thin_rmap(8) AUTHOR
Joe Thornber <ejt@redhat.com> Heinz Mauelshagen <HeinzM@RedHat.com> Red Hat, Inc. Thin Provisioning Tools THIN_METADATA_SIZE(8)