Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Sparc. How to change Vendor info of SAN disks reported in "format" command? Post 302957469 by n_Bhaskar on Monday 12th of October 2015 01:07:14 AM
Old 10-12-2015
Hi!

I have checked the vendor details and it is reporting correctly as the new storage. I tried naming it, however, it is adding the name to the end what is getting displayed. I believe it is a cosmetic issue and may have to live with it unless there is an option to change it.

Thanks for the help!

BR,
Bhaskar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

"NO HARD Disks found" while installing Solaris 10 (latest-6/06) on Poweredge 2950.

We get the error "NO HARD Disks found" while installing Solaris 10 (latest-6/06) on Poweredge 2950. We found that the LSISAS1068 driver is needed for this. But the provision is given only to install the driver using the floppy (in downloads site). But we dont have a floppy drive in our system... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command.

Can someone help me to convert the date format after get it from the "LAST REBOOT" command. these is the standard output. bash-3.00# last reboot reboot system boot Fri Aug 6 15:07 reboot system down Fri Aug 6 15:04 reboot system boot ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pichitw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Netra X1 LOM: Unable to change any variable via the "set" command

I'm posting here as it didn't seem quite right in the hardware section (as it's LOM commands). My apologies if I have that wrong though :) I've finally gotten round to configuring the LOM on my Netra X1, but I can't get it to change the hostname via the "set" command: lom>show hostname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone please show me a very simple "expect" script to change password in Solaris please?

Ladies & Gents, Can one of you gurus please show me a very simple "expect" script to change the password in Solaris in a script, please? Nothing fancy, no error checking, no nothing. Just to change the password of a new user, it's all. Many thanks in advance. U guys have honestly earned my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
SG_LUNS(8)							     SG3_UTILS								SG_LUNS(8)

NAME
sg_luns - send the SCSI REPORT LUNS command SYNOPSIS
sg_luns [--decode] [--help] [--hex] [--maxlen=LEN] [--quiet] [--raw] [--select=SR] [--verbose] [--version] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
Send the SCSI REPORT LUNS command to the DEVICE and outputs the response. In the SPC-3 SCSI standard support for this command is mandatory. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d, --decode decode logical unit numbers into their hierarchical parts. Interprets luns as described in SAM-3 when the HiSup bit is set in a standard INQUIRY's response. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -H, --hex output response to this command in ASCII hex. -m, --maxlen=LEN where LEN is the (maximum) response length in bytes. It is placed in the cdb's "allocation length" field. If not given (or LEN is zero) then 8192 is used. The maximum allowed value of LEN is 65536. -q, --quiet output ASCII hex rendering of each report lun, one per line. -r, --raw output response in binary (to stdout). -s, --select=SR this option sets the 'select report' field (SR) in the SCSI REPORT LUNS command. The default value is 0. When 0 is given (or this option is not specified) then the DEVICE should yield a list of luns addressable via this "I_T nexus" that use the following lun addressing methods: logical unit addressing, peripheral device addressing and flat space addressing. When 1 is given the DEVICE should yield a list of only "well known" logical units addressable via this "I_T" nexus. When 2 is given the DEVICE should yield all luns addressable via this "I_T" nexus. To simplify, for the I_T nexus associated with the DEVICE, the meanings of the SR values are: 0 : all luns excluding well known logical units 1 : well known logical units 2 : all luns Values between 0xf8 and 0xff (inclusive) are vendor specific (SPC-4 (rev 32), other values greater than 2 are reserved. -v, --verbose increase the level of verbosity, (i.e. debug output). -V, --version print the version string and then exit. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_luns is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2011 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
sg_inq(8) sg3_utils-1.33 August 2011 SG_LUNS(8)