Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Oracle 12c installer - error "DISPLAY not set" Post 302957391 by scj2012 on Saturday 10th of October 2015 05:56:59 AM
Old 10-10-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
The xhost + only works if the display still works i.e. before the su or sudo. And it opens your display for everyone until you do xhost -.
Instead of su|sudo+xhost maybe you can do ssh that normally forwards the display
Code:
ssh oracle@`hostname`

This is on the local machine so it would be:

Code:
ssh oracle@`localhost`

???

Also can I do
Code:
xhost +

then su to oracle?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to REMOVE USER that display error --> "Name is too long"

I wish to remove a user from the system... but an error occurr... I try to remove via SMITTY and try to remove via command line with rmuser -p (name of user) and does not works.... The system display that the "Name is too long" There another way to remove a user... or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgonzal
1 Replies

2. Programming

Differece between "env" and "set" command

Hi, Please clarify what is the difference between "env" and "set" command. I guess set will display the system variables and user defined variables. Thanks Sweta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

7. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)