Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert a DNA sequence into Amino Acid Post 302957300 by faizlo on Thursday 8th of October 2015 06:50:02 PM
Old 10-08-2015
Here is what I did:
  • Created a file dna.sed
  • Created another bash script file with your code (starting with the usual #!)
  • Called the shell script "conversion.sh" and chmod it to excutable
  • ran it like this: ./conversion.sh < dna_input.dna
  • Got my result as expected for the test input file.
Thank you for your help.
How would one put this into a single script file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape sequence for $

Hi all, I have a requirement where the variable name starts with $, like $Amd=/home/student/test/ How to work wit it? can some one help me, am in gr8 confusion:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove those sequence with same amino acid?What command line I should type?

My input is listed as: giNumber RefAminoAcid VarAminoAcid 10190711 P P 10190711 D D 109255248 I A 110349771 A ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick chia
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting DNA sequences from GenBank files using Perl

Hi all, Using Perl, I need to extract DNA bases from a GenBank file for a given plant species. A sample GenBank file is here... Nucleotide This is saved on my computer as NC_001666.gb. I also have a file that is saved on my computer as NC_001666.txt. This text file has a list of all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akreibich07
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky task with DNA sequences.

I am trying to reverse and complement my DNA sequences. The file format is FASTA, something like this: Now, to reverse the sequence, I should start reading from right to left. At the same should be complemented. Thus, "A" should be read as "T"; "C" should be read as "G"; "T" should be converted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert multiple number ranges into sequence?

Looking for a simple way to convert ranges to a numerical sequence that would assign the original value of the range to the individual numbers that are on the range. Thank you given data 13196-13199 0 13200 4 13201 10 13202-13207 3 13208-13210 7 desired... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcue25
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for changing the accession number of DNA sequences in a FASTA file

Hi, I am having a file of dna sequences in fasta format which look like this: >admin_1_45 atatagcaga >admin_1_46 atatagcagaatatatat with many such thousands of sequences in a single file. I want to the replace the accession Id "admin_1_45" similarly in following sequences to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: margarita
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Rm -rf * sequence

If I run rm -rf * command under one parent directory. /data > rm -rf * Is there anyway to know which files will be deleted first ? Start using code tags please, ty. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
2 Replies
br(1)							      General Commands Manual							     br(1)

NAME
br - utility to interact with Firecracker device SYNOPSIS
br [options] [housecode[list]] [native command] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the br command. br is a program that interacts with X10's Firecracker device allowing the user to manipulate X10 devices throughout their house/office. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Each -v will increase the verbosity. -x, --port=PORT Set port to communicate with (should be the port the Firecracker module is plugged into) -c, --house=[A-P] Use alternate house code for operations, default is A -n, --on=LIST Turn on all devices in LIST -f, --off=LIST Turn off all devices in LIST -N, --ON Turn on all devices in housecode -F, --OFF Turn off all devices in housecode -d, --dim=LEVEL[,LIST] Dim devices in housecode [or LIST] to relative LEVEL -B, --lamps_on Turn on all lamps in housecode -D, --lamps_off Turn off all lamps in housecode -r, --repeat=NUM Repeat commands NUM times (0 = ~forever) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ashley Clark <aclark@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Ashley Clark br(1)