Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX One package from SP wont install correctly Post 302957284 by JAR1 on Thursday 8th of October 2015 03:58:30 PM
Old 10-08-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFelt
As far as .iso images, etc. I believe the media used is from 2013 - when 6100-08-03 was the base install image.

The filesets you are looking for are:

Code:
root@x062:[/export/lpp/6108_2013_03]installp -d . -L | grep bos.net.tcp
bos.net:bos.net.tcp.adt:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::N:TCP/IP Application Toolkit ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.tcp.client:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::b:TCP/IP Client Support ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.tcp.server:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::B:TCP/IP Server ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.tcp.smit:6.1.8.0::I:T:::::N:TCP/IP SMIT Support ::::0:1241:

And, a surprising filename - because there is still one fileset that is labeled 6.1.6.0 even though most are 6.1.8.X
Code:
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system     76808192 Jun 03 2013  installp/ppc/bos.net.6.1.6.0.I

Code:
root@x062:[/export/lpp/6108_2013_03]installp -d /tmp -L                      
bos.net:bos.net.ate:6.1.6.0::I:T:::::N:Asynchronous Terminal Emulator ::::0:1036:
bos.net:bos.net.ewlm.rte:6.1.8.0::I:T:::::N:netWLM ::::0:1241:
bos.net:bos.net.ipsec.keymgt:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::N:IP Security Key Management ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.ipsec.rte:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::N:IP Security ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.ipsec.websm:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::N:IP Security WebSM ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.tcp.client:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::b:TCP/IP Client Support ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.tcp.server:6.1.8.15::I:T:::::B:TCP/IP Server ::::0:1316:
bos.net:bos.net.tcp.smit:6.1.8.0::I:T:::::N:TCP/IP SMIT Support ::::0:1241:
bos.net:bos.net.uucp:6.1.8.0::I:T:::::N:Unix to Unix Copy Program ::::0:1241:

So, I hope this gives you an idea of what file to look for to get that fileset properly installed so that you can start doing updates.
Ok we found the issue, and it was pretty stupid. The bos.net.tcp.client pre upgrade check-up script was failing, causing the package to fail the install (or just be skipped). What was the cause of it failing you ask? No sendmail.cf file in /etc/mail. Once I created that file, the patch worked seemlessly. That seemed pretty ridiculous to me but thanks again for your help.
This User Gave Thanks to JAR1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris has a lot of bugs, fstream wont write to file correctly!

I've got a c++ program that works fine on Linux, compiles on Solaris fine with g++, but will not write to a fstream correctly in a class object. And I've run into numerous other bugs in the disk management. Jon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall and install a package

Hi, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon). How can I : 1-install a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.128.src.rpm) 2-uninstall (or delete or deinstall) a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122). Many thanks before. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install package

Hi How to install package from Freeware for Solaris Specificaly i want to install lsof-4.77-sol10-sparc-local.gz Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitarcade
2 Replies

4. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install this package

Dears, i am new user in solaris i am using solaris 10 https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=Sol-audio-drivers1.0-x86-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI after i unzip this package i didn't found any package to install cos i only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharkux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Why wont my Service Guard Package Fail?

Hi There I have a 2 node failover SG cluster, with a 4 packages running, that due to various reason I cant fail over/test for a while. Therefore have created a test package to test over the 2 nodes. The package resources include a presented LUN from our HP SAN and a package IP address. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pentat0nicc
2 Replies

10. Linux

Oracle Linux DVD that I install from wont mount

Hi, I am trying to mount my Oracle Linux 6-2 bootable disk that I installed from in order to manually copy off the packages directory onto the server ( to create a local YUM repository ) I have checked the DVD in my windows laptop and can see the packages folder ( so I know the DVD is iso9660... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies