Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to print unique text in field Post 302957268 by drl on Thursday 8th of October 2015 02:08:28 PM
Old 10-08-2015
Hi.

Also with the usual commands:
Code:
cut -f2 -d" " file |
tee f1 |
cut -f1 -d":" |
tee f2 |
sort -u

producing:
Code:
FANCA
NF1

on a system like:
Code:
OS, ker|rel, machine: Linux, 2.6.26-2-amd64, x86_64
Distribution        : Debian 5.0.8 (lenny, workstation) 
cut (GNU coreutils) 6.10
sort (GNU coreutils) 6.10

See files f1,f2 for intermediate output.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, comma as field separator and text inside double quotes as a field.

Hi, all I need to get fields in a line that are separated by commas, some of the fields are enclosed with double quotes, and they are supposed to be treated as a single field even if there are commas inside the quotes. sample input: for this line, 5 fields are supposed to be extracted, they... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Tab Separated Field with AWK to all and print lines of unique fields.

Hi. I have a tab separated file that has a couple nearly identical lines. When doing: sort file | uniq > file.new It passes through the nearly identical lines because, well, they still are unique. a) I want to look only at field x for uniqueness and if the content in field x is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique records in 2 columns using awk

Is it possible to print the records that has only 1 value in 2nd column. Ex: input awex1 1 awex1 2 awex1 3 assww 1 ader34 1 ader34 2 output assww 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse field and include the text of 1 pipe in field 4

I am trying to parse the input in awk to include the |gc= in $4 but am not able to. The below is close: awk so far: awk '{sub(/\|]+]++/, ""); print }' input.txt Input chr1 955543 955763 AGRN-6|pr=2|gc=75 0 + chr1 957571 957852 AGRN-7|pr=3|gc=61.2 0 + chr1 970621 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print unique text in field before hyphen

Trying to print the unique values in $2 before the -, currently the count is displayed. Hopefully, the below is close. Thank you :). file chr2:46603668-46603902 EPAS1-902|gc=54.3 253.1 chr2:211471445-211471675 CPS1-1205|gc=48.3 264.7 chr19:15291762-15291983 NOTCH3-1003|gc=68.8 195.8... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print lines based upon unique values in Nth field

For some reason I am having difficulty performing what should be a fairly easy task. I would like to print lines of a file that have a unique value in the first field. For example, I have a large data-set with the following excerpt: PS003,001 MZMWR/ L-DWD// * PS003,001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print text in field if match and range is met

In the awk below I am trying to match the value in $4 of file1 with the split value from $4 in file2. I store the value of $4 in file1 in A and the split value (using the _ for the split) in array. I then strore the value in $2 as min, the value in $3 as max, and the value in $1 as chr. If A is... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: count unique elements in a field and sum their occurence across the entire file

Hi, Sure it's an easy one, but it drives me insane. input ("|" separated): 1|A,B,C,A 2|A,D,D 3|A,B,B I would like to count the occurence of each capital letters in $2 across the entire file, knowing that duplicates in each record count as 1. I am trying to get this output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)