Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX ./ignite.sh script fails after 5 seconds Post 302957239 by velde_van_der_a on Thursday 8th of October 2015 10:45:50 AM
Old 10-08-2015
HP ./ignite.sh script fails after 5 seconds

Hello,

I am trying to run a make_net_recovery Ignite for a server in a 2 node cluster . But I do get some issues.
Code:
VG "/dev/vg59" is not defined in file "/etc/lvmtab".
VG "/dev/vg59" is not defined in file "/etc/lvmtab_p".
save_config: Error - vg00 not in the volume/disk group
ERROR:   /opt/ignite/bin/save_config failed

My concerns are the two last sentences. Why an error on VG00 and save_config failed? /dev/vg59 is not the issue, it should not hang up the executable.

Anyone any idea?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, thanks.

/dev/vg59 is the lock disk for both servers. lvmtab, lvmpvg, lvmtab_p do look fine. I even did a vgscan after removing lvmtab.

Greetings,

Arjan

Last edited by vbe; 10-08-2015 at 11:51 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DLT TAPE DRIVE/ Script problem /Ignite.

Thanks for checking in. We have this script that does a backup called Ignite on HP-UX in this script it does everything it supposed to do accept one thing Script ######################################### echo clear cd / echo " Please ensure there is a DLT tape in Slot 6 of the Tape... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there any way to excute script every N seconds?

Hello i have script that show me stuff , i need to excute this script every N seconds , is there any way to do it with one liner ? ( mybe perl ) thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait for 5 seconds in shell script

hi how can i wait for 5 seconds inside my shell script? 'wait 5' command doesnot seem to be working? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script, trying to get tcpdump and rotate the file every 300 seconds

Greetings, I just started using scripting languages, im trying to get a tcpdump in a file, change the file name every 5mins ... this is what i have but its not working ... any suggestions? #!/bin/bash # timeout.sh #timestamp format TIMESTAMP=`date -u "+%Y%m%dT%H%M%S"` #tdump =`tcpdump... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove directory x seconds after script completes

Hi guys, I am working with a script within a Mac OS X package installer. The package installer will run the bash script once the files have been copied/installed. I have a little trouble with the last line of my script causing the package installer to crash once in a while and I have narrowed it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tret
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script if the user dosent enter any data within 5 seconds

Hello friends, Kindly help me in developing a script that asks user to enter a value and will wait for 5 seconds for the feedback. If there is no answer from the user the script will perform exit or it will continue doing something else Ex: If yu have a multi OS system i believe while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add time convert to seconds

Hi, What i am looking for and i am new to this too, is a bash script that will add time in the format hh:mm:ss and produce the answer in minutes or seconds. It needs to be a loop since there are hundreds of times in my file. This is data is from a CDR that calculates duration of time used. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trotella
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to display a dialog box every 5 seconds

I want to create a script that displays a dialog box every interval of time and exits that loop when a user presses ENTER Any idies? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute the shell script per ten seconds

hi, everyone. My want to execute the shell script below per 10 seconds PID=`pgrep java` if then /home/java/java fi crontab wouldn't help me. some one can give me suggestions?thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:26 AM ---------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKB48
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit a shell script if a unix command does not return any value for 10 seconds?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to exit a shell script if a unix command inside does not return any value for 10 seconds? The scenarios is like this. I want to login to a application using shell script where the connection string is mentioned.but suppose this connection string is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
10 Replies
VGMKNODES(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VGMKNODES(8)

NAME
vgmknodes - create volume group directory and special files SYNOPSIS
vgmknodes [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [VolumeGroupPath | VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgmknodes creates the volume group directory and special files for an existing volume group. This is to restore deleted special files. Owner, group and file permissions will not be restored. OPTIONS -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -v, --verbose Gives verbose information about vgmknode's activities. Examples "vgmknodes /dev/vg02" tries to remove /dev/vg02 and all contained special files and then creates them again based on the VGDA. DIAGNOSTICS
vgmknodes returns an exit code of 0 for success and > 0 for error: 1 invalid volume group name 2 error checking existence of volume group 3 error removing volume group device special files 4 error creating volume group device special files 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan (8)) 99 invalid command line See also lvm(8), vgcreate(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS VGMKNODES(8)