Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time out Issue
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Time out Issue Post 302957180 by ggayathri on Thursday 8th of October 2015 02:51:21 AM
Old 10-08-2015
Time out Issue

Users connecting to AIX server face disconnection after a period of inactivity. I have tried checking the /etc/profile.The TMOUT value seems to be 0.However there is disconnection being faced. Can someone help me to identify other areas that I probably may be missing.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Time issue on ultra 10

I am running solaris 8 on an ultra 10... Every so often it has an issue with the time... The time seems to stop - ie. when I issue the date command the time is not changing... therefore anything in cron doesnt run. When I set the date again - its fine for a few weeks and then it pauses again.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Time Modified Issue Please Assist

I am trying to periodically check that the environment variables have not been changed on a HP-UX server. This was going to be easy except I ran into the odd circumstance of having two files that should be created equally be created differently when one is created by command line and the other is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, time stamp issue. 60th minutes

Hi Guys, Could you tell me how you can get the time stamp for 60th minutes? Currently, we name our file using time stamp upto minutes and then add seconds at the end starting from 01. And when the seconds reaches 60 we simply add 1 to the time stamp and reset the seconds to 00. But the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supaLucas
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Time Sync issue on RHEL 5.3

Hi, My Linux VMs are running on citrix XEN.Somehow the time drift is too high (going very fast). Even if the correct time configured using date -s command, for every 1 hr it is differing almost 5 - 10 mins. Tried configuring ntpd (local NTP server) and still it is not synchronized. Machine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
2 Replies

6. Linux

cifs.upcall issue, requests new kerberos service ticket all the time

This is more of an annoyance than an actual production issue. I've set it up so that each user's home directory is mounted to an immediate subdirectory of $HOME when they login, (and umounts when they log out to keep /proc/mounts a manageable size). My issue comes in when my login scripts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

File access time issue

Hi, I am facing a weird file access time issue on redHat5.x. I have a program which will scan the files in the NFS system and delete files which are older than 4 days, before deleting files program will print the access time of the file. Some of the files are getting deleted which are not older... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NTP time issue with md5 authentication.

Hi All Appreciate your help. Here is the scenario: 1. Five months back we configured md5 authentication with network devices and NTP server and it worked fine. 2.Last week all of a sudden the network devices are out of sync. 3.We changed the md5 key and it started working. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iqtan
0 Replies
t_rcvdis(3NSL)					       Networking Services Library Functions					    t_rcvdis(3NSL)

NAME
t_rcvdis - retrieve information from disconnection SYNOPSIS
#include <xti.h> int t_rcvdis(int fd, struct t_discon *discon); DESCRIPTION
This routine is part of the XTI interfaces which evolved from the TLI interfaces. XTI represents the future evolution of these interfaces. However, TLI interfaces are supported for compatibility. When using a TLI routine that has the same name as an XTI routine, the tiuser.h header file must be used. Refer to the TLI COMPATIBILITY section for a description of differences between the two interfaces. This function is used to identify the cause of a disconnection and to retrieve any user data sent with the disconnection. The argument fd identifies the local transport endpoint where the connection existed, and discon points to a t_discon structure containing the following members: struct netbuf udata; int reason; int sequence; The field reason specifies the reason for the disconnection through a protocol-dependent reason code, udata identifies any user data that was sent with the disconnection, and sequence may identify an outstanding connection indication with which the disconnection is associated. The field sequence is only meaningful when t_rcvdis() is issued by a passive transport user who has executed one or more t_listen(3NSL) functions and is processing the resulting connection indications. If a disconnection indication occurs, sequence can be used to identify which of the outstanding connection indications is associated with the disconnection. The maxlen field of udata may be set to zero, if the user does not care about incoming data. If, in addition, the user does not need to know the value of reason or sequence, discon may be set to NULL and any user data associated with the disconnection indication shall be discarded. However, if a user has retrieved more than one outstanding connection indication by means of t_listen(3NSL), and discon is a null pointer, the user will be unable to identify with which connection indication the disconnection is associated. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and t_errno is set to indicate an error. VALID STATES
T_DATAXFER, T_OUTCON, T_OUTREL, T_INREL, T_INCON(ocnt > 0). ERRORS
On failure, t_errno is set to one of the following: TBADF The specified file descriptor does not refer to a transport endpoint. TBUFOVFLW The number of bytes allocated for incoming data (maxlen) is greater than 0 but not sufficient to store the data. If fd is a passive endpoint with ocnt > 1, it remains in state T_INCON; otherwise, the endpoint state is set to T_IDLE. TNODIS No disconnection indication currently exists on the specified transport endpoint. TNOTSUPPORT This function is not supported by the underlying transport provider. TOUTSTATE The communications endpoint referenced by fd is not in one of the states in which a call to this function is valid. TPROTO This error indicates that a communication problem has been detected between XTI and the transport provider for which there is no other suitable XTI error (t_errno). TSYSERR A system error has occurred during execution of this function. TLI COMPATIBILITY
The XTI and TLI interface definitions have common names but use different header files. This, and other semantic differences between the two interfaces are described in the subsections below. Interface Header The XTI interfaces use the header file, xti.h. TLI interfaces should not use this header. They should use the header: #include <tiuser.h> Error Description Values The t_errno values TPROTO and TOUTSTATE can be set by the XTI interface but not by the TLI interface. A failure return, and a t_errno value that this routine can set under different circumstances than its XTI counterpart is TBUFOVFLW. It can be returned even when the maxlen field of the corresponding buffer has been set to zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
t_alloc(3NSL), t_connect(3NSL), t_listen(3NSL), t_open(3NSL), t_snddis(3NSL), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 7 May 1998 t_rcvdis(3NSL)