Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX One package from SP wont install correctly Post 302957131 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 7th of October 2015 10:44:28 AM
Old 10-07-2015
Another command to run with cases like this is:
Code:
lppchk -f [filesetname]

to see what files are missing.

As this is bos.net.tcpip.* I am wondering if this system was originally installed using SbD (Secure by Default) - as that removes some additional files - and it is known to be difficult to update down the road.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris has a lot of bugs, fstream wont write to file correctly!

I've got a c++ program that works fine on Linux, compiles on Solaris fine with g++, but will not write to a fstream correctly in a class object. And I've run into numerous other bugs in the disk management. Jon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall and install a package

Hi, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon). How can I : 1-install a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.128.src.rpm) 2-uninstall (or delete or deinstall) a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122). Many thanks before. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install package

Hi How to install package from Freeware for Solaris Specificaly i want to install lsof-4.77-sol10-sparc-local.gz Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitarcade
2 Replies

4. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install this package

Dears, i am new user in solaris i am using solaris 10 https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=Sol-audio-drivers1.0-x86-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI after i unzip this package i didn't found any package to install cos i only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharkux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Why wont my Service Guard Package Fail?

Hi There I have a 2 node failover SG cluster, with a 4 packages running, that due to various reason I cant fail over/test for a while. Therefore have created a test package to test over the 2 nodes. The package resources include a presented LUN from our HP SAN and a package IP address. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pentat0nicc
2 Replies

10. Linux

Oracle Linux DVD that I install from wont mount

Hi, I am trying to mount my Oracle Linux 6-2 bootable disk that I installed from in order to manually copy off the packages directory onto the server ( to create a local YUM repository ) I have checked the DVD in my windows laptop and can see the packages folder ( so I know the DVD is iso9660... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX