Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to sort an output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to sort an output Post 302957095 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 7th of October 2015 04:45:15 AM
Old 10-07-2015
Hello Serano,

Following may help you in same.
Code:
awk '/DName/{sub(/.*=/,X,$0);A=$0;getline;if($0 ~ /DName/){getline};if($0 ~ /lba=/){sub(/.*=/,X,$0);A=A ";"$0;getline};if($0 ~ /label/){sub(/.*=/,X,$0);A=A ";" $0};print A;A=""}'  Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
AAAAA;838,860,800;ftw_1
BBBBB;838,860,800;ftw_2
CCCCC;838,860,800;ftw_3

Now above code is considering that your Input_file is always having a sequence in which first string DName, then next line has string DName=, then then next line has string lba=, followed by string label= in next line.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort - only one field appears in output?

I'm running against a file with 1008 records like this, all beginning '4760 Slave': 4760 Slave,7,3607 ,GL ,200605,11320024 , ,GBP ,X00033 ,AI80190 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miwinter
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to sort and arrange an output

ok so I have a list of names that end in either ot,om,oa. So for example DETOT MANOA DET0M DET0A MANOT SEAOT etc... I want to be able to group this list by OT, OM, OA and have the output have some headers like this and be alphabatized and if possible be in colums instead of like... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort output

this one is a bit tricky: host16 /etc/passwd changed Thu Jan 3 16:39:48 host3 /etc/group changed Thu Jan 3 16:39:48 host2 /etc/services changed Thu Jan 3 16:39:48 host10 /etc/group changed Thu Jan 10 09:59:01 host11 /etc/group changed Thu Jan 3 18:55:38 host17 /etc/group changed Thu Jan... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort output from find from oldest to newest?

Hi, How do I sort the output of find to provide a listing of files from oldest to newest? For example, if I do a find /tmp -type f -print I want the output to be sorted in the order of the oldest to the newest file. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort fdupes output by size

Hi I have a file that is a fdupes output. I'd like to sort the duplicated file by size. The format file is the following: 5996544 bytes each: /path1/to/file1.jpg /path2/to/file1.jpg /pathx/to/file1.jpg ... random number of lines /path999/to/file1.jpg 591910 bytes each:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdminLew
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort output is different with Corn

Hi, I am sorting a file, but getting different output with crontab. input file-file z Z x X y Y when I sort manually sort file x X y Y z Z (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and output to different files

Hi all! I have a comma delimited file and I'm sorting it based on fields 6, 8 and 10. The following does the job: sort -t, -nk6,10 unsorted.txt -o sorted.txt What I need to do now is to write every row containing same values on fields 6, 8 and 10 to a different file. Any ideas on how to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort ps output in seconds

Now I van sort in hour-minute-second. I need in seconds ps -eo pid,etime,args --sort=start_time | grep bash Sample Output 15064 03:23 -bash I need in 03:23 in seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls output sort on multiple column

Hi All, I have one requirement, where I need to have output of ls -l command sorted on 1) first on filename 2) last modified time ( descending ) - latest change first. I am not able to figure out how to do it.. Also I dont have a way to change Date display for ls -ltr command.. I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any way to sort ps output based on STIME?

Hi, This is one of the thing that am looking for when I post the question on the ps wrapper. It has since been closed as it has taken me too long to post an example. I have replaced some of the original content of the ps output. uname -a = SunOS <hostname> 5.11 11.3 sun4v sparc sun4v ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
GETLINE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						GETLINE(3)

NAME
getdelim, getline -- get a line from a stream LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> ssize_t getdelim(char ** restrict linep, size_t * restrict linecapp, int delimiter, FILE * restrict stream); ssize_t getline(char ** restrict linep, size_t * restrict linecapp, FILE * restrict stream); DESCRIPTION
The getdelim() function reads a line from stream, delimited by the character delimiter. The getline() function is equivalent to getdelim() with the newline character as the delimiter. The delimiter character is included as part of the line, unless the end of the file is reached. The caller may provide a pointer to a malloced buffer for the line in *linep, and the capacity of that buffer in *linecapp. These functions expand the buffer as needed, as if via realloc(). If linep points to a NULL pointer, a new buffer will be allocated. In either case, *linep and *linecapp will be updated accordingly. RETURN VALUES
The getdelim() and getline() functions return the number of characters written, excluding the terminating NUL character. The value -1 is returned if an error occurs, or if end-of-file is reached. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment reads lines from a file and writes them to standard output. The fwrite() function is used in case the line con- tains embedded NUL characters. char *line = NULL; size_t linecap = 0; ssize_t linelen; while ((linelen = getline(&line, &linecap, fp)) > 0) fwrite(line, linelen, 1, stdout); ERRORS
These functions may fail if: [EINVAL] Either linep or linecapp is NULL. [EOVERFLOW] No delimiter was found in the first SSIZE_MAX characters. These functions may also fail due to any of the errors specified for fgets() and malloc(). SEE ALSO
fgetln(3), fgets(3), malloc(3) STANDARDS
The getdelim() and getline() functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
These routines first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. BUGS
There are no wide character versions of getdelim() or getline(). BSD
November 30, 2010 BSD