Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX One package from SP wont install correctly Post 302957067 by JAR1 on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 02:57:57 PM
Old 10-06-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.kgb
1. Find the file, which contains the fileset bos.net.tcp.client. If you've run bffcreate, it should have a name starting with bos.net.tcp...
2. Try to force installation of the fileset
Code:
installp -acFXYd filename.bff bos.net.tcp.client

3. If it doesn't help, find the same fileset on your AIX CD and install it first using the same command above.
4. Don't forget to put the output of all commands you run to the topic.
Running that command yields:
Code:
# sudo installp -acFXYd /ibm/patch/src bos.net.tcp.client
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
                    Pre-installation Verification...
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Verifying selections...

Pre-installation Failure/Warning Summary
----------------------------------------
0503-500 installp:  After completion of pre-installation processing, 
        there were no installable base level filesets found on the 
        installation media.  Note that use of the force install option 
        (-F flag) will cause installp to consider only base level filesets 
        (fileset updates will be ignored).  No installation has occurred.

However when searching within that directory:

Code:
# ls -l | grep bos.net.tcp.client
-rw-rw-r--    1 me mygroup 31207424 Oct 02 12:18 bos.net.tcp.client.6.1.8.1.U
-rw-rw-r--    1 me mygroup    31289344 Oct 02 13:50 bos.net.tcp.client.6.1.8.19.U

We're not using an AIX CD. We downloaded the full SP from FixCentral and are storing it on an NFS share. I was also able to install it just fine on another server from the same source without it giving me these issues.

Last edited by JAR1; 10-06-2015 at 04:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris has a lot of bugs, fstream wont write to file correctly!

I've got a c++ program that works fine on Linux, compiles on Solaris fine with g++, but will not write to a fstream correctly in a class object. And I've run into numerous other bugs in the disk management. Jon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall and install a package

Hi, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon). How can I : 1-install a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.128.src.rpm) 2-uninstall (or delete or deinstall) a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122). Many thanks before. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install package

Hi How to install package from Freeware for Solaris Specificaly i want to install lsof-4.77-sol10-sparc-local.gz Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitarcade
2 Replies

4. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install this package

Dears, i am new user in solaris i am using solaris 10 https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=Sol-audio-drivers1.0-x86-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI after i unzip this package i didn't found any package to install cos i only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharkux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Why wont my Service Guard Package Fail?

Hi There I have a 2 node failover SG cluster, with a 4 packages running, that due to various reason I cant fail over/test for a while. Therefore have created a test package to test over the 2 nodes. The package resources include a presented LUN from our HP SAN and a package IP address. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pentat0nicc
2 Replies

10. Linux

Oracle Linux DVD that I install from wont mount

Hi, I am trying to mount my Oracle Linux 6-2 bootable disk that I installed from in order to manually copy off the packages directory onto the server ( to create a local YUM repository ) I have checked the DVD in my windows laptop and can see the packages folder ( so I know the DVD is iso9660... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies
PERLOS400(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      PERLOS400(1)

NAME
perlos400 - Perl version 5 on OS/400 DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of IBM's OS/400 operating system that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. By far the easiest way to build Perl for OS/400 is to use the PASE (Portable Application Solutions Environment), for more information see <http://www.iseries.ibm.com/developer/factory/pase/index.html> This environment allows one to use AIX APIs while programming, and it provides a runtime that allows AIX binaries to execute directly on the PowerPC iSeries. Compiling Perl for OS/400 PASE The recommended way to build Perl for the OS/400 PASE is to build the Perl 5 source code (release 5.8.1 or later) under AIX. The trick is to give a special parameter to the Configure shell script when running it on AIX: sh Configure -DPASE ... The default installation directory of Perl under PASE is /QOpenSys/perl. This can be modified if needed with Configure parameter -Dprefix=/some/dir. Starting from OS/400 V5R2 the IBM Visual Age compiler is supported on OS/400 PASE, so it is possible to build Perl natively on OS/400. The easier way, however, is to compile in AIX, as just described. If you don't want to install the compiled Perl in AIX into /QOpenSys (for packaging it before copying it to PASE), you can use a Configure parameter: -Dinstallprefix=/tmp/QOpenSys/perl. This will cause the "make install" to install everything into that directory, while the installed files still think they are (will be) in /QOpenSys/perl. If building natively on PASE, please do the build under the /QOpenSys directory, since Perl is happier when built on a case sensitive filesystem. Installing Perl in OS/400 PASE If you are compiling on AIX, simply do a "make install" on the AIX box. Once the install finishes, tar up the /QOpenSys/perl directory. Transfer the tarball to the OS/400 using FTP with the following commands: > binary > site namefmt 1 > put perl.tar /QOpenSys Once you have it on, simply bring up a PASE shell and extract the tarball. If you are compiling in PASE, then "make install" is the only thing you will need to do. The default path for perl binary is /QOpenSys/perl/bin/perl. You'll want to symlink /QOpenSys/usr/bin/perl to this file so you don't have to modify your path. Using Perl in OS/400 PASE Perl in PASE may be used in the same manner as you would use Perl on AIX. Scripts starting with #!/usr/bin/perl should work if you have /QOpenSys/usr/bin/perl symlinked to your perl binary. This will not work if you've done a setuid/setgid or have environment variable PASE_EXEC_QOPENSYS="N". If you have V5R1, you'll need to get the latest PTFs to have this feature. Scripts starting with #!/QOpenSys/perl/bin/perl should always work. Known Problems When compiling in PASE, there is no "oslevel" command. Therefore, you may want to create a script called "oslevel" that echoes the level of AIX that your version of PASE runtime supports. If you're unsure, consult your documentation or use "4.3.3.0". If you have test cases that fail, check for the existence of spool files. The test case may be trying to use a syscall that is not implemented in PASE. To avoid the SIGILL, try setting the PASE_SYSCALL_NOSIGILL environment variable or have a handler for the SIGILL. If you can compile programs for PASE, run the config script and edit config.sh when it gives you the option. If you want to remove fchdir(), which isn't implement in V5R1, simply change the line that says: d_fchdir='define' to d_fchdir='undef' and then compile Perl. The places where fchdir() is used have alternatives for systems that do not have fchdir() available. Perl on ILE There exists a port of Perl to the ILE environment. This port, however, is based quite an old release of Perl, Perl 5.00502 (August 1998). (As of July 2002 the latest release of Perl is 5.8.0, and even 5.6.1 has been out since April 2001.) If you need to run Perl on ILE, though, you may need this older port: <http://www.cpan.org/ports/#os400> Note that any Perl release later than 5.00502 has not been ported to ILE. If you need to use Perl in the ILE environment, you may want to consider using Qp2RunPase() to call the PASE version of Perl. AUTHORS
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> Bryan Logan <bryanlog@us.ibm.com> David Larson <larson1@us.ibm.com> perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 PERLOS400(1)