Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX One package from SP wont install correctly Post 302957042 by JAR1 on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 12:45:22 PM
Old 10-06-2015
One package from SP wont install correctly

I recently updated one of our servers from 6100-08-05-1415 to 6100-08-06-1441 and the `oslevel -s` is showing the correct version, but when I run an `lppchk -v` I am hit with:

Code:
lppchk:  The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring
         the system to a consistent state:

bos.net.tcp.client 6.1.8.19             (usr: COMMITTED, root: not installed)

Output from `lslpp -l bos.net.tcp.client`, wherein I am assuming this is what it's complaining about (version in /etc/ is lower than version in /usr/) but I am not sure how to fix that...

Code:
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description         
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
  bos.net.tcp.client        6.1.8.19  COMMITTED  TCP/IP Client Support

Path: /etc/objrepos
  bos.net.tcp.client        6.1.8.18  COMMITTED  TCP/IP Client Support

I have attempted to upgrade bos.net.tcp.client 6.1.8.19 to bos.net.tcp.client 6.1.8.20 from the next service pack, but that then errors out with:

Code:
0503-466 installp: The build date requisite check failed for fileset     bos.net.tcp.client.
Installed fileset build date is 1316.  Selected fileset does not have a build date, but one is required.
0503-466 installp: The build date requisite check failed for fileset     bos.net.tcp.client.
Installed fileset build date is 1341.  Selected fileset does not have a build date, but one is required.
installp: Installation failed due to BUILDDATE requisite failure.

Any sort of downgrade also fails on this package so I cant even bring it down to the base level and then re-upgrade it. I have opened a PMR with IBM support but they're extraordinarily slow to respond so I was hoping that others here may have some experience rectifying issues like this.

Last edited by JAR1; 10-06-2015 at 02:23 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris has a lot of bugs, fstream wont write to file correctly!

I've got a c++ program that works fine on Linux, compiles on Solaris fine with g++, but will not write to a fstream correctly in a class object. And I've run into numerous other bugs in the disk management. Jon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall and install a package

Hi, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon). How can I : 1-install a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.128.src.rpm) 2-uninstall (or delete or deinstall) a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122). Many thanks before. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install package

Hi How to install package from Freeware for Solaris Specificaly i want to install lsof-4.77-sol10-sparc-local.gz Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitarcade
2 Replies

4. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install this package

Dears, i am new user in solaris i am using solaris 10 https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=Sol-audio-drivers1.0-x86-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI after i unzip this package i didn't found any package to install cos i only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharkux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Why wont my Service Guard Package Fail?

Hi There I have a 2 node failover SG cluster, with a 4 packages running, that due to various reason I cant fail over/test for a while. Therefore have created a test package to test over the 2 nodes. The package resources include a presented LUN from our HP SAN and a package IP address. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pentat0nicc
2 Replies

10. Linux

Oracle Linux DVD that I install from wont mount

Hi, I am trying to mount my Oracle Linux 6-2 bootable disk that I installed from in order to manually copy off the packages directory onto the server ( to create a local YUM repository ) I have checked the DVD in my windows laptop and can see the packages folder ( so I know the DVD is iso9660... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies
renamefset(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     renamefset(8)

NAME
renamefset - Rename an existing AdvFS fileset SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/renamefset domain oldfileset newfileset OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of a fileset in the domain. Specifies the new name for the file- set. DESCRIPTION
The renamefset command assigns a new name to an existing fileset within an AdvFS file domain. Before renaming a fileset, unmount the file- set and its clone fileset, if there is one. After renaming a fileset, update the corresponding entries in the /etc/fstab file to reflect the name change. RESTRICTIONS
Because clone filesets are read-only, they cannot be renamed. You must be the root user to use this command. Each fileset within a domain must have a unique name of up to 31 characters. All whitespace characters (tab, new line, space, and so forth) and the / # : * ? characters are invalid for fileset names. EXAMPLES
The following example changes the name of the credit_fs fileset in the accounts_dmn file domain to new_credit_fs: # renamefset accounts_dmn credit_fs new_credit_fs SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfdmn(8), mkfset(8), rmfset(8), showfsets(8) File Formats: advfs(4) renamefset(8)