Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX One package from SP wont install correctly Post 302957042 by JAR1 on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 12:45:22 PM
Old 10-06-2015
One package from SP wont install correctly

I recently updated one of our servers from 6100-08-05-1415 to 6100-08-06-1441 and the `oslevel -s` is showing the correct version, but when I run an `lppchk -v` I am hit with:

Code:
lppchk:  The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring
         the system to a consistent state:

bos.net.tcp.client 6.1.8.19             (usr: COMMITTED, root: not installed)

Output from `lslpp -l bos.net.tcp.client`, wherein I am assuming this is what it's complaining about (version in /etc/ is lower than version in /usr/) but I am not sure how to fix that...

Code:
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description         
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
  bos.net.tcp.client        6.1.8.19  COMMITTED  TCP/IP Client Support

Path: /etc/objrepos
  bos.net.tcp.client        6.1.8.18  COMMITTED  TCP/IP Client Support

I have attempted to upgrade bos.net.tcp.client 6.1.8.19 to bos.net.tcp.client 6.1.8.20 from the next service pack, but that then errors out with:

Code:
0503-466 installp: The build date requisite check failed for fileset     bos.net.tcp.client.
Installed fileset build date is 1316.  Selected fileset does not have a build date, but one is required.
0503-466 installp: The build date requisite check failed for fileset     bos.net.tcp.client.
Installed fileset build date is 1341.  Selected fileset does not have a build date, but one is required.
installp: Installation failed due to BUILDDATE requisite failure.

Any sort of downgrade also fails on this package so I cant even bring it down to the base level and then re-upgrade it. I have opened a PMR with IBM support but they're extraordinarily slow to respond so I was hoping that others here may have some experience rectifying issues like this.

Last edited by JAR1; 10-06-2015 at 02:23 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris has a lot of bugs, fstream wont write to file correctly!

I've got a c++ program that works fine on Linux, compiles on Solaris fine with g++, but will not write to a fstream correctly in a class object. And I've run into numerous other bugs in the disk management. Jon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall and install a package

Hi, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon). How can I : 1-install a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.128.src.rpm) 2-uninstall (or delete or deinstall) a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122). Many thanks before. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

3. Solaris

how to install package

Hi How to install package from Freeware for Solaris Specificaly i want to install lsof-4.77-sol10-sparc-local.gz Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitarcade
2 Replies

4. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install this package

Dears, i am new user in solaris i am using solaris 10 https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=Sol-audio-drivers1.0-x86-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI after i unzip this package i didn't found any package to install cos i only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharkux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Why wont my Service Guard Package Fail?

Hi There I have a 2 node failover SG cluster, with a 4 packages running, that due to various reason I cant fail over/test for a while. Therefore have created a test package to test over the 2 nodes. The package resources include a presented LUN from our HP SAN and a package IP address. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pentat0nicc
2 Replies

10. Linux

Oracle Linux DVD that I install from wont mount

Hi, I am trying to mount my Oracle Linux 6-2 bootable disk that I installed from in order to manually copy off the packages directory onto the server ( to create a local YUM repository ) I have checked the DVD in my windows laptop and can see the packages folder ( so I know the DVD is iso9660... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies
rmfset(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 rmfset(8)

NAME
rmfset - Removes a fileset or a clone fileset from an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/rmfset [-f] domain fileset OPTIONS
Turns off the message prompt. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of the fileset to be removed from the specified file domain. DESCRIPTION
The rmfset command removes a fileset (and all of its files) from an existing AdvFS file domain. Unless you use the -f option, you are prompted with the following request before a fileset is removed: rmfset: remove fileset <filesetname>? [y/n] If you answer n, the fileset is not removed. If you answer y, the fileset is removed. The -f option is useful for scripts or when you do not want to be queried about each fileset. If you choose the -f option, no prompts are displayed. The rmfset command operates as if you responded yes to the prompt. Unmount a fileset before removing it with the rmfset command. RESTRICTIONS
A fileset or clone fileset cannot be removed with this command if it is mounted. A fileset that has a clone fileset cannot be removed with this command until the clone fileset has been removed. You must be the root user to use this command. An rmfset operation can hang if you attempt to remove a fileset and the target AdvFS domain is experiencing heavy I/O. To work around the restriction, avoid using the utility on busy AdvFS domains. EXAMPLES
The following example deletes the test_fset fileset from the test_domain file domain. In this example, the test_fset fileset is mounted on the /mnt3 directory: # umount /mnt3 # rmfset test_domain test_fset rmfset: remove fileset test_fset? [y/n] y # SEE ALSO
Commands: mkfset(8), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8), mount(8) Functions: advfs_rmfset(3) File Formats: advfs(4) rmfset(8)