Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search a column a return a set of words Post 302957014 by RudiC on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 07:14:00 AM
Old 10-06-2015
How about adding {sub (/ | /, "\t"); before splitting $2 in "SEARCH.TXT"?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return a word between two words

how do i get a word that exists between two words eg: this is bryan My input to command would be this and bryan and output should be 'is' Is there a command i can use? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and return value from column

Dear All I had below mention file as my input file. 87980457 Jan 12 2008 2:00AM 1 60 BSC1 81164713 Jan 12 2008 3:00AM 1 60 BSC2 78084521 Jan 12 2008 4:00AM 1 60 BSC3 68385193... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of common words in set of files

Hi, I have a set of simple, one columned text files (in thousands). file1: a b c d file 2: b c d e and so on. There is a collection of words in another file: b d b c d e I have to find out the set of words (in each row) is present or absent in the given set of files. So, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mala
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding words after a set of words

Greetings. I am a UNIX newbies. I am currently facing difficulties dealing with a large data set and I would like to ask for helps. I have a input file like this: ak 1 AAM1 ak 2 AAM1 ak 3 AAM1 ak 11 AMM2 ak 12 AMM2 ak 13 AMM2 ak 14 AMM2 Is there any possibility for me to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding compound words from a set of files from another set of files

Hi All, I am completely stuck here. I have a set of files (with names A.txt, B.txt until L.txt) which contain words like these: computer random access memory computer networking mouse terminal windows All the files from A.txt to L.txt have the same format i.e. complete words in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line

Hi All, Can you please guide me to search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line where it was found using awk. As an example : abc.txt 7000,john,2,1,0,1,6 7001,elen,2,2,0,1,7 7002,sami,2,3,0,1,6 7003,mike,1,4,0,2,1 8001,nike,1,5,0,1,8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to return only specific words in a line?

Hi, I'm a bash newbie and have a data set like this idxxx1 something something marker_id_132=rsxxx;marker_id_135=rsxxx idxxx2 something something marker_id_132=rsxxx;marker_id_135=rsxxx idxxx3 something something marker_id_132=rsxxx;marker_id_135=rsxxx ... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanhel
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
DROP TEXT SEARCH 
PARSER(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation DROP TEXT SEARCH PARSER(7) NAME
DROP_TEXT_SEARCH_PARSER - remove a text search parser SYNOPSIS
DROP TEXT SEARCH PARSER [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TEXT SEARCH PARSER drops an existing text search parser. You must be a superuser to use this command. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the text search parser does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing text search parser. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the text search parser. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the text search parser if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Remove the text search parser my_parser: DROP TEXT SEARCH PARSER my_parser; This command will not succeed if there are any existing text search configurations that use the parser. Add CASCADE to drop such configurations along with the parser. COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP TEXT SEARCH PARSER statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH PARSER (ALTER_TEXT_SEARCH_PARSER(7)), CREATE TEXT SEARCH PARSER (CREATE_TEXT_SEARCH_PARSER(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DROP TEXT SEARCH PARSER(7)