Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I/O error Err#5 EIO
Operating Systems Solaris I/O error Err#5 EIO Post 302957005 by Solaris_Begin on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 03:00:49 AM
Old 10-06-2015
Thanks jlliagre,

iostat is indeed showing errors.

Code:
c4t4d0          Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 23526 Transport Errors: 4606
Vendor: SEAGATE  Product: ST373207LSUN72G  Revision: 0354 Serial No: 1030MHGL
Size: 73.40GB <73400057856 bytes>
Media Error: 19634 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 3892 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0 Predictive Failure Analysis: 1597

I have no experience in using fsck.
Im planning to run fsck like this.
Code:
1) umount the disk
2) run fsck as 
     fsck /dev/dsk/c4t4d0s0

Hopefully fsck will give me some interactive fixes.
Do you see any issues in running fsck like this and are these hard errors fixable by fsck?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar write err

This isn't causing me a problem, but it is puzzling (& slightly worrying) me. If I use tar to copy to a tape & the tape is write protected, I only get the message 'tar: tape write err' if there are a few files to copy. eg. # tar cvf /dev/rStp4 /usr/data will produce the messages ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Err while using find command

hi frnds, I have written a script as follows. ssh username@servername "find $1 -type f -name $2 -mtime +1 -exec rm '{}' \;" when i excute tis script i get error FIND: Parameter format not correct parameter 2 is the file name .. . Thx in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramsnest
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sccs get -ek command is throwing err

Hi, get -ek s.Communicator.java The difference between the current date and the creation date of the newest delta in the SCCS file is greater than 1 year. Make sure that the system date is set correctly. This message is only a warning. (co11) 14.3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivaprasad BS
0 Replies

4. AIX

Can I display err log again after run errclear

After run errclear, it will clean the err log file. After that, if I still need display the log has been cleared by errclear, how can I do? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting err with 'awk' command

Hi All, I am trying to run the below cmd thro' a script. awk 'NR>=48&&NR<=(58-1)' $IN_FILE_NAME | tee $OUT_FILE_NAME but I am getting an err while running the script. It gives the below err msg : awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 (P.S Note: When run the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax err near unexpected token...

I've been looking at this code too long. Maybe a fresh set of eyes can spot the: "syntax error near unexpected token `(' ./phmenu ` tput cup 18 4: echo "Accept? (y) es or (n)o: " This is the line in the code: tput cup 18 4; echo "Accept? (y)es or (n)o: " Thanks In Advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrasing err ssh...

hi.... below cmd (to get current hour - 1) works in localhost...whereas to get the same value in remote host..no result.. looks some pharsing error...can someone help? $ date Monday, 3 May 2010 09:15:46 GMT $ perl -e 'print "" . localtime(time()-$ARGV) . "\n";' 3600 Mon May 3 08:15:57... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: id100
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script: std Out/err

Hello gurus, this is part of my script: ls -1 ${MyFile} >> ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp FILENUM=`cat ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp| wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`>> /dev/null if then writeError "ERRORE: no file in directory for type ${FileName}!" >> ${LogFileName} Close 1 fi... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Perl err.msg when I login?

Hi, When I login to system. root or any of the user, I get Perl error message. Please advise.... When I login as a user.... I get this err.msg. Terminal type is vt100 You have new mail. bash: /usr/local/bin/perl: cannot execute binary file when I login as root. Terminal type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu getting frozen with '{ DRDY ERR }' error

Hi, I am using Ubuntu LTS 12.04. For last few weeks it is getting frozen on INIT 5 and and I can see follwoing logs in single user mode. Have any body any clue for the following: Feb 3 09:14:07 CB11WS1 kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY ERR } Feb 3 09:14:07 CB11WS1 kernel: ata1.00:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)