Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Double data type C Red Hat platform problem Post 302956971 by Don Cragun on Monday 5th of October 2015 02:42:42 PM
Old 10-05-2015
The code:
Code:
longi double;
/* C79 - Price Per Minute */  
  memcpy(&longi,&rbuff[503],8);
  fprintf(afp,"%015.9f ",long);

isn't valid in any C compiler I've ever seen. The 1st line is declaring a variable named double of type longi.

Are we correct in assuming that the 1st was actually:
Code:
double longi;

What hardware were you using on the system running HP/UX? In addition to the endianness issue mentioned by Jim McNamara, there can also be differences in byte order within an object of type double when you move from one CPU type to another.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Downloading Red Hat

I've been having problems downloading Red Hat 7.2 from their FTP site. It downloads rather slowly(between 2-3k/sec, I'm on broadband) and after about 10 minutes stops downloading altogether. Am I doing something wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tradewynd
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help Me With This Linux Red Hat 7.2 Modem Problem

I cant get my modem to work. Linux just isn't recognizing it. every time I typed wvdial, i get a message saying my modem is not responding I tried looking for drivers at the website Neo directed me to but I just couldn't find the right one from the information I was given about my modem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Red Hat 7.2 Problem

how come red hat doesn't have this programs which was already supposed to be on it?? take for instance, I was reading this Linux book that says for me to do some work in glint X11 client for packagement. it says glint is accessible from the command line or control panel. the problem is, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Red Hat loading problem

when i try to load Redhat 7.2 the screen gets all mished together as if it were a meltdown the book says its a prob with X but it dosnt really say what to do WINMe works fine i have a radeon 64 MB card 1 gig processor and 2 HDs on a Dell 1 GHZ how do i fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASpin
1 Replies

5. Linux

Red Hat RPM problem

I have my system setup different then the conventional setup: # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/hdc2 2.0G 977M 936M 52% / /dev/hdc1 97M 9.0M 83M 10% /boot none 251M 0 251M 0% /dev/shm So when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonr
2 Replies

6. Linux

Installation Problem on Red hat linux 9

Hi, I am trying to install our new acquired Red Hat linux 9 on Compaq Proliant ML370. However, l has already configured the raid 0+1. The linux installation starts from the CD, its allows for the selection of Language, keyboard but l am stocked at choosing the installation package media. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Red Hat 9 Installation

I have a problem with a red hat 9 install on a compaq laptop. I installed the OS and everything tests ok but It boots to a blank screen instead of the GUI login I wanted. What can I do to correct this instead of installing all over. I tried the rescue option several times and tried to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Clustering Red Hat Enterprise linux Advanced Platform 5.2 (x86-64 bit)

Hello Professionals, We have high-end HP rack servers. We need to provide application fail-over for business continuity. We have done benchmarking of the application on RHEL 5.2 on HP servers to estimate the hardware requirement so as to meet next 3-5 years business growth. Presently we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kgayyar
1 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Problem Installing Cacti on Red Hat

Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can find out how to install cacti? there doesn't seem to be straightforward steps for it. after downloading the tar.gz file from cacti.net, there's basically no instructions of what to do from that point on. any help will be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)