Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUDO command in script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SUDO command in script Post 302956954 by vbe on Monday 5th of October 2015 12:18:31 PM
Old 10-05-2015
What makes you think it is AIX specific??

-n argument is used mostly in batches ( -n -> no interaction... ) to avoid sudo prompting for a passwd... will exit with an error instead...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sudo for a command

I am trying to set up sudo for a command, but do not want to specify the arguments that can be passed into it. I want the user who is using sudo to be able to pass in the arguments they want. I am fairly sure I know how to do this with RBAC in Solaris 10, but for reasons I will not get into I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: synchro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command is not working inside a script when placed in cron

Hi All, i have a cron entry like 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 * * * * /amex/sssmonitor/dss_chk.ksh and the script is like #!/bin/ksh file=`uname -n` > /sunmast/projects/oasis/COREDEV/Dss$file.log > /tmp/output_sss today=`date` varb=`ps -ef | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command problem

Hi All, I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id. Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like /usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command

Hello, What does the below sudo command provide access to, does it allow a user to su to any other user except root. sudo !/usr/bin/su * (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sophos
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CentOS using sudo command

Hi, this is my first time posting here and am new to linux/unix. So here is my question. I have two user account and a root account. root user account 1:calchen1 user account2: calchen2 Now i want to use the sudo utility to allows user to run programs with the privileges of another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolcalin812
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. AIX

issue with cd command on sudo

Hi admins, I have installed sudo in aix 5.3 and configured sudoers file.Every command is working fine with sudo except cd . If i give sudo cd /etc/security it returns nothing.There is no pwd change and no any error messages. sudo -l command returns all executables including cd. sudo ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding sudo command

Hi, I get error when sudo -u user1 -s -H (AD: coro.int) Password: cannot access parent directoriesI do not get error when sudo -u user1 -i -HCan you tell me why do i not get error when using -i option instead of -s option with sudo. $ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)													      0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)

NAME
0store-secure-add -- add an implementation to the system cache SYNOPSIS
0store-secure-add DIGEST DESCRIPTION
This command imports the current directory into the system-wide shared Zero Install cache, as /var/cache/0install.net/implementa- tions/DIGEST. This allows a program downloaded by one user to be shared with other users. The current directory must contain a file called '.manifest' listing all the files to be added (in the format required by DIGEST), and this file must have the given digest. If not, the import is refused. Therefore, it is only possible to add a directory to the cache if its name matches its contents. It is intended that it be safe to grant untrusted users permission to call this command with elevated privileges. To set this up, see below. SETTING UP SHARING
To enable sharing, the system administrator should follow these steps: Create a new system user to own the cache: adduser --system zeroinst Create the shared directory, owned by this new user: mkdir /var/cache/0install.net chown zeroinst /var/cache/0install.net Use visudo(8) to add these lines to /etc/sudoers: Defaults>zeroinst env_reset,always_set_home ALL ALL=(zeroinst) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/0store-secure-add Create a script called 0store-secure-add-helper in PATH to call it. This script must be executable and contain these two lines: #!/bin/sh exec sudo -S -u zeroinst /usr/bin/0store-secure-add "$@" < /dev/null The other Zero Install programs will call this helper script automatically. FILES
/var/cache/0install.net/implementations System-wide Zero Install cache. LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 Thomas Leonard. You may redistribute copies of this program under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License. BUGS
This program is EXPERIMENTAL. It has not been audited. Do not use it yet in security-critial environments. The env_reset line in sudoers may not be required. sudo(1) seems to do it automatically. If sudo let us check whether we could call a command then we could switch to using it automatically, instead of needing to add the helper script. Currently, sudo delays for one second and writes to auth.log if we try to use this system when it hasn't been set up. Please report bugs to the developer mailing list: http://0install.net/support.html AUTHOR
Zero Install was created by Thomas Leonard. SEE ALSO
0store(1) The Zero Install web-site: http://0install.net Thomas Leonard 2010 0STORE-SECURE-ADD(1)