Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I/O error Err#5 EIO
Operating Systems Solaris I/O error Err#5 EIO Post 302956934 by jlliagre on Monday 5th of October 2015 11:02:05 AM
Old 10-05-2015
Here are some suggestions:

- Have a look to the status of the disk storing the file system containing this directory. (df -k; iostat -En)
- Be ready to replace it.
- Make sure you have up to date backups available.
- Try fsck
- Update/Upgrade your Solaris version which looks to be nine years old.
- Switch to ZFS.
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar write err

This isn't causing me a problem, but it is puzzling (& slightly worrying) me. If I use tar to copy to a tape & the tape is write protected, I only get the message 'tar: tape write err' if there are a few files to copy. eg. # tar cvf /dev/rStp4 /usr/data will produce the messages ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Err while using find command

hi frnds, I have written a script as follows. ssh username@servername "find $1 -type f -name $2 -mtime +1 -exec rm '{}' \;" when i excute tis script i get error FIND: Parameter format not correct parameter 2 is the file name .. . Thx in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramsnest
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sccs get -ek command is throwing err

Hi, get -ek s.Communicator.java The difference between the current date and the creation date of the newest delta in the SCCS file is greater than 1 year. Make sure that the system date is set correctly. This message is only a warning. (co11) 14.3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivaprasad BS
0 Replies

4. AIX

Can I display err log again after run errclear

After run errclear, it will clean the err log file. After that, if I still need display the log has been cleared by errclear, how can I do? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting err with 'awk' command

Hi All, I am trying to run the below cmd thro' a script. awk 'NR>=48&&NR<=(58-1)' $IN_FILE_NAME | tee $OUT_FILE_NAME but I am getting an err while running the script. It gives the below err msg : awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 (P.S Note: When run the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax err near unexpected token...

I've been looking at this code too long. Maybe a fresh set of eyes can spot the: "syntax error near unexpected token `(' ./phmenu ` tput cup 18 4: echo "Accept? (y) es or (n)o: " This is the line in the code: tput cup 18 4; echo "Accept? (y)es or (n)o: " Thanks In Advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrasing err ssh...

hi.... below cmd (to get current hour - 1) works in localhost...whereas to get the same value in remote host..no result.. looks some pharsing error...can someone help? $ date Monday, 3 May 2010 09:15:46 GMT $ perl -e 'print "" . localtime(time()-$ARGV) . "\n";' 3600 Mon May 3 08:15:57... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: id100
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script: std Out/err

Hello gurus, this is part of my script: ls -1 ${MyFile} >> ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp FILENUM=`cat ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp| wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`>> /dev/null if then writeError "ERRORE: no file in directory for type ${FileName}!" >> ${LogFileName} Close 1 fi... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Perl err.msg when I login?

Hi, When I login to system. root or any of the user, I get Perl error message. Please advise.... When I login as a user.... I get this err.msg. Terminal type is vt100 You have new mail. bash: /usr/local/bin/perl: cannot execute binary file when I login as root. Terminal type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu getting frozen with '{ DRDY ERR }' error

Hi, I am using Ubuntu LTS 12.04. For last few weeks it is getting frozen on INIT 5 and and I can see follwoing logs in single user mode. Have any body any clue for the following: Feb 3 09:14:07 CB11WS1 kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY ERR } Feb 3 09:14:07 CB11WS1 kernel: ata1.00:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)