Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUDO command in script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SUDO command in script Post 302956928 by venky.b5 on Monday 5th of October 2015 10:29:24 AM
Old 10-05-2015
SUDO command in script

hi,

can some one explain the sudo -n equivalent in AIX

Thanks
Venkat K

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sudo for a command

I am trying to set up sudo for a command, but do not want to specify the arguments that can be passed into it. I want the user who is using sudo to be able to pass in the arguments they want. I am fairly sure I know how to do this with RBAC in Solaris 10, but for reasons I will not get into I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: synchro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command is not working inside a script when placed in cron

Hi All, i have a cron entry like 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 * * * * /amex/sssmonitor/dss_chk.ksh and the script is like #!/bin/ksh file=`uname -n` > /sunmast/projects/oasis/COREDEV/Dss$file.log > /tmp/output_sss today=`date` varb=`ps -ef | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command problem

Hi All, I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id. Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like /usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command

Hello, What does the below sudo command provide access to, does it allow a user to su to any other user except root. sudo !/usr/bin/su * (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sophos
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CentOS using sudo command

Hi, this is my first time posting here and am new to linux/unix. So here is my question. I have two user account and a root account. root user account 1:calchen1 user account2: calchen2 Now i want to use the sudo utility to allows user to run programs with the privileges of another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolcalin812
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. AIX

issue with cd command on sudo

Hi admins, I have installed sudo in aix 5.3 and configured sudoers file.Every command is working fine with sudo except cd . If i give sudo cd /etc/security it returns nothing.There is no pwd change and no any error messages. sudo -l command returns all executables including cd. sudo ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding sudo command

Hi, I get error when sudo -u user1 -s -H (AD: coro.int) Password: cannot access parent directoriesI do not get error when sudo -u user1 -i -HCan you tell me why do i not get error when using -i option instead of -s option with sudo. $ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
heimdal_debug(5)					      BSD File Formats Manual						  heimdal_debug(5)

NAME
heimdal_debug -- how to turn on/off debugging for Kerberos tools DESCRIPTION
The heimdal_debug kerberos frameworks have several knobs for controlling logging. The different framework knobs are: libkrb The Kerberos library, some gss-api Kerberos output ends up here too kcm the kcm library (credentials cache, ntlm client) kdc the kerberos KDC output digest-service the digest service (ntlm server) CONFIGURATION FILE
[logging] <subsystem> = 0-/SYSLOG: and watch syslog for logging information. APPLE MAC OS X
First turn up syslog debugging sudo syslog -c 0 -d then you can see the syslog output in Console.app or by running syslog -w -k org.h5l.asl To enable more extensive debugging logging for each subsystem, use the following commands: Kerberos Library sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add krb5 '0-/ASL:' digest-server sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add digest-service '0-/ASL:' kcm sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kcm '0-/ASL:' kdc sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kdc '0-/ASL:' MIT Kerberos Shim defaults write com.apple.MITKerberosShim EnableDebugging -bool true GSS-API framework logging sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.GSS DebugLevel -int 10 Other options on Mac OS X Make the admin API pretend to the server even on client sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos ForceHeimODServerMode -bool true SEE ALSO
gss(5), kerberos(8) HEIMDAL
Sep 30, 2011 HEIMDAL