Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulate application status with awk Post 302956916 by EAGL€ on Monday 5th of October 2015 09:26:38 AM
Old 10-05-2015
Manipulate application status with awk

Hello Friends,

I am stuck with a silly (maybe simple) awk issue. I need to check some applications status and print to a file..

my application "rfe" status is like the following. I need to check each instance status for the following 4 rows..

Code:
sscm@SSCM-SFE1:~$  svcs -a | grep -iw rfe
online         Sep_01   svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_1:default
online         Sep_01   svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_2:default
online         Sep_01   svc:/application/rfe/rfe_reserve_3:default
online         Sep_01   svc:/application/rfe/rfe_reserve_4:default

I have written something like the following:

Code:
svcs -a | grep -iw rfe | nawk 'NR==1{if ($1==online);split($NF,a,"/");split(a[4],b,":"); printf("%s\n", b[1]" is "$1)}'

output:
Code:
rfe_master_1 is online

But as far as I understand, my first chec "if ($1==online)" does not have an effect on the result as I changed it as "if ($1==offline)" if prints the same result.

How could I solve it? should I use sprintf to store "$1" value to recall later?

regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate lines with sed/awk

Hey All, I need to reorganize a file's text. Here is the source: host John_Doe filename "config.cfg"; hardware ethernet 98:10:3d:13:8f:98; fixed-address 10.10.10.29; } host Jane_Doe filename "config.cfg"; hardware ethernet 98:13:11:fd:5a:57; fixed-address 10.10.5.24; } host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBigAmbulance
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print exit status in AWK

Hi all, How can I print the exit status in AWK? echo $? doesnt work for me Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
4 Replies

3. Programming

Apache & nfs status from c++ application

Hello guys, I have just started building a high-available site using ubuntu server 9.10. I am using moodle. The thing is that i want to write an application using curses, to show the status of the apache servers, mysql servers and the nfs server. I can check the mysql from the c api, but how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pegasus001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on how to manipulate a SIMPLE text file (using awk?)

I have a simple txt files that looks something like this (The title is a part of the text file) Student Grades --------------- 1 Tim Purser 89 2 John Wayne 56 3 Jenn Hawkins 95 4 Harry Potter 75 Here are my questions: How would I ONLY print the names of students... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjagod123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate application "not run" status

My shell env is Ksh88 , I need export the "not-running" application name. txt="abc001|abc002|abc003|abc004|xyz001|xyz002|cde004" IFS=\| app="" for i in $txt do appstatus $i # the command will return the status, 0 is not running, 1 is running if ] ; then # record the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wsadmin script using jython to check application server status in websphere

Hello All, I need a wsadmin script using jython to monitor server status in websphere. kindly help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate fields with AWK whose positions are changable

Hello Friends, I've been working with lots of different CDR-EDR files, before testing i need to manipulate my test files rather than requesting new files(to prepare them for next tests) which are different kind of CDRs,EDRs. In order to do this i might have to change more than a field in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together a script to manipulate the date column in a csv file. I have file1.csv with the following contents: Date,ID,Number,Amount,Volume,Size 01-Apr-2014,WERFG,998,105873.96,10873.96,1342.11 01-Apr-2014,POYFR,267,5681.44,5681.44,462.96 I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk and unix programming and trying to manipulate a csv file. My current csv file looks like this: col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,col4,col5,col6,col7,col8 223,V,c,2,4,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,3,2,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,1,4,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,4,3,f,r,,y,z 227,V,c,3,1,f,r,,y,z... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
8 Replies
passenger-status(8)					      Adminstration Commands					       passenger-status(8)

NAME
passenger-status - inspect Phusion Passenger's internal status SYNOPSIS
passenger-status [pid] DESCRIPTION
passenger-status looks at the current status of a Phusion Passenger installation. It will locate Phusion Passenger automatically if it is running and will give you a list of instances if there is more than one Phusion Passenger instance running. You can then select the instance by specifying the relevant PID on the command line. The general information section shows the following details: max The maximum number of application instances that Phusion Passenger will spawn. This equals the value given for PassengerMaxPoolSize in the configuration. count The number of application instances that are currently alive. This value is always less than or equal to max. active The number of application instances that are currently processing requests. This value is always less than or equal to count. inactive The number of application instances that are currently not processing requests, i.e. are idle. Idle application instances will be shutdown after a while, as can be specified with PassengerPoolIdleTime in the configuration. The value of inactive equals count - active. The applications section shows each application instance, which directory it belongs to. The sessions field shows how many HTTP client are currently being processed by that application instance. OPTIONS
pid The process ID of the Phusion Passenger instance you want to look at SEE ALSO
passenger-memory-stats(8), ps(1), top(1) User guide at http://www.modrails.com/documentation.html AUTHOR
Phusion Passenger is written by Phusion (http://www.phusion.nl) "Phusion" and "Phusion Passenger" are trademarks of Hongli Lai & Ninh Bui. This manual page was written by Neil Wilson <neil@brightbox.co.uk> for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). Phusion Passenger 2.0 passenger-status(8)