Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Gunzip,grep and zip across folders in a subdirectory Post 302956898 by RudiC on Monday 5th of October 2015 07:44:21 AM
Old 10-05-2015
This is untested:
Code:
for i in medsarea.2010{01..12}{sat,sun,wdy}.v008a.asc; do zgrep -E "47225|82115|82123|82131|61060202300000|61060002300000" part?_*/$i.gz >newdir/${i}_woodsmoke; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zip nesting empty folders

I'm using the following command to zip a project file, but when it finishes, the resulting zip file contains all the directories above the file I wanted zipped, myapp.app, each one empty until you get to the actual app. zip -r myapp.app.zip ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: groundlevel
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a folder including its sub-folders.

Hi, I have a folder that contains a few sub-folders. I would like to zip that folder and KEEP the subfolders. What it does at the moment is taking all the files within the subfolders and zipping them into one big file (zip -r ...). Does anyone know the UNIX command to keep the subfolders in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdog
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gunzip to decompress .zip file

Hi, I have a zipped Oralce software (linux.x64_11gR1_database.zip) and I need to unzip it. On the Linux server, I only see the gunzip utility listed: $ ls -ltr *zip* -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gzip -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gunzip Can I use the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syang68
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect grep output to dynamique fileName and subdirectory

Hi all i'm new in KSH, i want to write a script to grep a logs files and redirecting the result into a relative subdirectory/file.txt that must be created near to each log file my begin script is : find ./logs -type f -name "*.log" -exec grep error {} \; how i can perform that modest... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambler
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with auto-detect new files/folders then zip and move script

Hello, I need a simple script to Auto-detect new files and folders in the directory. And then I need to zip the new files and bzip2 new folders and move them out of that folder where I am detecting changes to the other folder. Remember, I need simple one. If anyone could do it fast, I may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juzt1s
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Folders and ZIP IT

HI All I have one master folder : ABCXYZ I have sub folder in there : AB XY AZ AC PR AL Now i want to copy AB , PR ,AL in to one new folder and zip it with time stamp. like Pre_02192013_12_32.zip Zip folder should be in master folder. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto zip all folders?

Hi, How do I write a script that will automatically find and zip any folder to the same name in a directory and affected recursively?. The zip file should be place in the same directory where the source folder is. Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. ex: Orange Crayon Blue Crayon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frozen77
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between zip and gunzip?

what is the difference between zip and gunzip this is interview question (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for specific file type in subdirectory with multiple folders

I have a directory that is in the below order (the --- is not part of the directory tree, only there to help illustrate: DATE --- main level Folder1 --- level under DATE plugin_out --- level under Folder1 variantCaller_out.40 --- level under plugin_out 001,002,003 --- level under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tar.gz/zip folders in a directory with _EBASE string

Hi Folks - Happy Friday and I hope you all are well! What's the easiest way to tar.gz / zip all direct children directories in a folder that have the string _EBASE (suffix)? Thank you! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
6 Replies
LIBMTP_folder_struct(3) 					      libmtp						   LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)

NAME
libmtp - LIBMTP_folder_struct SYNOPSIS
#include <libmtp.h> Data Fields uint32_t folder_id uint32_t parent_id uint32_t storage_id char * name LIBMTP_folder_t * sibling LIBMTP_folder_t * child Detailed Description MTP Folder structure Examples: delfile.c, folders.c, getfile.c, newfolder.c, sendfile.c, and sendtr.c. Field Documentation LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::child Child folder or NULL if no children Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::folder_id Unique folder ID Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), LIBMTP_new_folder_t(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). char* LIBMTP_folder_struct::name Name of folder Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::parent_id ID of parent folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::sibling Next folder at same level or NULL if no more Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::storage_id ID of storage holding this folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)