Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to implement count_collatz_step function Post 302956840 by wisecracker on Sunday 4th of October 2015 04:57:28 PM
Old 10-04-2015
I am assuming this is homework but IF NOT then:-

Take a look at using $1 in your script, (assuming the shell is bash).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i implement rlogin

how can i use a rlogin with out entered a password, someone tell me about configure the next files /.rhosts /etc/hosts.equiv and /etc/hosts but i not sure about that, or there are not enough could you tell me how to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jav_v
3 Replies

2. Programming

how does va_arg implement ?

1 . How does va_arg implemented by system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
2 Replies

3. AIX

how to implement timer

anyone can help me how to implement the timer on AIX? I tried with 'setitimer' and its related functions, but it does not work correctly,the program exited each time. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to implement polling for a function using timer in C?

Hi, Can you please help me in implementing a timer based polling for function in C? ie. the function should be called in say 30secs(when 30secs has lapsed). Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to implement this

Hi all, could any of you please help me on my problem.. we are doing FTP (one report out put) from one server to another server through unix shell script program. Due to the network issues, some times FTP process is hanging. So we planned to modify the existing program with the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishore_jasthi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to implement VLOOKUP (Excel function) in Unix

Dear All, i want to implement vookup function which is there in excel into Unix. Suppose i have 2 files. The files are given below. File1: MSC Cell SDCA Patna-1 12 Bihar Patna-2 45 Ranchi Bhopal-1 85 Raigarh Bhopal-2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravani1
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement this?

hi i have a file like 1,"A","B" 2,"C","D" 1,"E","F" 3,"G","H" in output i need like 3,"G","H" 1,"E","F" 2,"C","D" 1,"A","B" (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement scenario?

hi, i am having three files which is having following data file1: field1 field2 field3 1 A B 2 C D 3 E F file2: 4 G H 1 I J 5 K L file3: 4 M N (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
3 Replies

9. Programming

Implement ps command in C

Hello, could anybody explain how the ps command works? I know something about the proc file system. But I'm still not sure about how it exactly works. Like ps without any option will print out the current user's processes, but it never displays my web browsers such as firefox or my LibreOffice... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedombird9
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Implement the '&&' function in a shell

Hello, I'm currently implementing the && function in a shell using C. For example, if we input cmd1 && cmd2, then cmd2 executes only when cmd1 exits successfully. I'm thinking about: int main() { int i; char **args; while(1) { printf("yongfeng's shell:~$ "); args =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yongfeng
5 Replies
BDFLUSH(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							BDFLUSH(2)

NAME
bdflush - start, flush, or tune buffer-dirty-flush daemon SYNOPSIS
int bdflush(int func, long *address); int bdflush(int func, long data); DESCRIPTION
bdflush starts, flushes, or tunes the buffer-dirty-flush daemon. Only the super-user may call bdflush. If func is negative or 0, and no daemon has been started, then bdflush enters the daemon code and never returns. If func is 1, some dirty buffers are written to disk. If func is 2 or more and is even (low bit is 0), then address is the address of a long word, and the tuning parameter numbered (func-2)/2 is returned to the caller in that address. If func is 3 or more and is odd (low bit is 1), then data is a long word, and the kernel sets tuning parameter numbered (func-3)/2 to that value. The set of parameters, their values, and their legal ranges are defined in the kernel source file fs/buffer.c. RETURN VALUE
If func is negative or 0 and the daemon successfully starts, bdflush never returns. Otherwise, the return value is 0 on success and -1 on failure, with errno set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EPERM Caller is not super-user. EFAULT address points outside your accessible address space. EBUSY An attempt was made to enter the daemon code after another process has already entered. EINVAL An attempt was made to read or write an invalid parameter number, or to write an invalid value to a parameter. CONFORMING TO
bdflush is Linux specific and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. SEE ALSO
fsync(2), sync(2), update(8), sync(8) Linux 1.2.4 1995-04-15 BDFLUSH(2)