Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort file by field 1 that has text as well as a number Post 302956766 by Aia on Saturday 3rd of October 2015 12:56:44 PM
Old 10-03-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmccabe
[...]

Code:
awk '{k=$1 OFS $2; s[k]+=$4; c[k]++} END{for(i in s) print i, s[i]/c[i]}' input > output.txt | sort -k1.4 -n output.txt

Code:
awk '{k=$1 OFS $2; s[k]+=$4; c[k]++} END{for(i in s) print i, s[i]/c[i]}' input | sort -k1.4 -n > output.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort a field in a file having date values

Hi All, I am having a pipe delimited file .In this file the 3rd column is having date values.I need to get the min date and max date from that file. I have used cut -d '|' test.dat -f 3|sort -u But it is not sorting the date .How to sort the date column using unix commands Thanks ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort alpha on 1st field, numerical on 2nd field (sci notation)

I want to sort alphabetically on the first field and sort in descending numerical order on the 2nd field. With a normal "sort -r -n" it does this: abc ||| 5e-05 ||| bla abc ||| 3 ||| ble def ||| 1 ||| abc def ||| 0.2 ||| def As you can see it ignores the fact that 5e-05 is actually 0.00005... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need Shell script for Sort BASED ON FIRST FIELD and PRINT THE WHOLE FILE WITHOUT DUPLICATES

Can some one provide me a shell script. I have file with many columns and many rows. need to sort the first column and then remove the duplicates records if exists.. finally print the full data with first coulm as unique. Sort BASED ON FIRST FIELD and remove the duplicates if exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuffEnuff
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting a sequential number into a field on a flat file

I have a csv flatfile with a few million rows. I need to replace a field (field number is 85) in the file with a sequential number. As an example, let's assume there are only 4 fields in the file: A,A,,32 A,A,,27 A,B,,43 C,C,,354 If I wanted to amend the 3rd field in this way my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BristolSmithy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort Files based on the number(s) on the file name

Experts I have a list of files in the directory mysample1 mysample2 mysample3 mysample4 mysample5 mysample6 mysample7 mysample8 mysample9 mysample10 mysample11 mysample12 mysample13 mysample14 mysample15 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsedi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the file based on number of occurences

I have a file (input) I want to sort the file based on the number of times a pattern in the first column occurs for example grapes occurs 4 times in combination with other patterns so i want it to be first like shown in the output file. then apple ocuurs thrice so it occupies second position and so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a field with line number in file

I am working on a script to convert bank data to a csv file. I have the format done - columns etc. The final piece of the puzzle is to change the second field (after the R) of every line to reflect its' line number in the file. I am stumped. I can use awk on each line but need help looping through... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Melah Gindi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort file based on number of delimeters in line

Hi, Need to sort file based on the number of delimeters in the lines. cat testfile /home/oracle/testdb /home /home/oracle/testdb/newdb /home/oracle Here delimeter is "/" expected Output: /home/oracle/testdb/newdb /home/oracle/testdb /home/oracle /home (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different field number in the file

Hello Friends I have a data file which is comma seperate (,) where i am expecting 2 column but there are number of time when file comes with data having more than 2 column. I want to check which line has more columns 20141115,15/11/2014 20141129,29/11/2014 20141003,03/10/2014... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
4 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)