Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete db records from shell script Post 302956689 by EAGL€ on Friday 2nd of October 2015 05:05:25 AM
Old 10-02-2015
Delete db records from shell script

Hello Mates,

I would request your help in a shell script,

simply I need to delete some matching db table records (rows) to ones in a given file:

Code:
------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
SQL="delete from numberlist where msidn='';"

MYSQL_USER="<your-user>"
MYSQL_PASS="<your-password>"
MYSQL_DB="<your-db>"

echo $SQL | /usr/bin/mysql --user=$MYSQL_USER --password=$MYSQL_PASS $MYSQL_DB
------------------------

file.txt like:

Code:

a few tousands records at most in file txt. How could I fetch those records from a file in sql script from a shell script?

thanks in advance
Best Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add, updat, and delete records using shell

thax for replying (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarah2009
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update records in a file using shell script...

Hi, I have a file with 6 columns. First 3 columns together make unique record. I have a variable ($v) which hold a value that is obtained by a caliculaion. I have to replace value in 5th columnn with the value of the variable ($v). The value $v is caliculated from col4 and col6 values. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to read particular records from a file

i am reading an i/p file input.txt as below and want to read all filenames as in highlighted in bold below and put them in a different file output.txt. can someone help me with a shell script to do this? thanks in advance regards brad input.txt --------- START TYPE:OPT INIT_SEQ:01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script in formatting the records.

I have a text file in the following format. can any one please help me in printing the output in userfriendly format mentioned below. Input. 1) /ss/abc/1/w/s/domainname/abc1/logname/ ########error################### ########error################### ########error###################... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to print date and no.of records

hi all, i want script to print the output in the following format filename yyyy/mm/dd count where count= no.of records in the file Thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for insert multiple records into a Database

I have a table in an Informix DB into which I want to insert multiple records at a time. Data for one of the column should be unique & other column data may be the same for all the records I insert Typical Insert Statement I use to insert one row : insert into employee(empid, country, state)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nisav
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract top 20 records from sybase db in shell script

Hi, I am new to advanced scripting. I need to get top 20 records from database (Sybase) with a condition that all Char/varchar columns should have more than 4 characters. I need to do this via shell scripting, I have got half logic (on how to get varchar/char columns and stored it in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script matching similar records

hello all, I have requirement to identify similar records matching about 80% to 90%.I have to black list customers with multiple accounts. The data is in the Oracle Database, but is there any way I can get the data into flat file and compare the strings and fetch similar matching records? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashik786
2 Replies
TTYREC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TTYREC(1)

NAME
ttyrec - a tty recorder SYNOPSIS
ttyrec [-a] [-u] [-e command] [file] DESCRIPTION
Ttyrec is a tty recorder. It is a derivative of script(1) command for recording timing information with microsecond accuracy as well. It can record emacs -nw, vi, lynx, or any programs running on tty. Ttyrec invokes a shell and records the session until the shell exits. Recorded data can be played back with ttyplay(1). If the argument file is given, the session will be recorded in that file. Otherwise, ttyrecord is used as default. OPTIONS
-a Append the output to file or ttyrecord, rather than overwriting it. -u With this option, ttyrec automatically calls uudecode(1) and saves its output when uuencoded data appear on the session. It allow you to transfer files from remote host. You can call ttyrec with this option, login to the remote host and invoke uuencode(1) on it for the file you want to transfer. -e command Invoke command when ttyrec starts. ENVIRONMENT
SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by ttyrec will be that shell. If it's not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
script(1), ttyplay(1), ttytime(1), uuencode(1), uudecode(1) TTYREC(1)