Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove oddly named file
Operating Systems Solaris Remove oddly named file Post 302956523 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 30th of September 2015 04:36:30 PM
Old 09-30-2015
Show us the output from the command:
Code:
printf 'XXX%sXXX\n' *:*|od -bc

when run in that directory.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to delete a file named -e

I've been trying in vain to delete a file that I accidentally created. The name of the file is -e of course, everything I attempt to do with the rm command (rm -i * for example) comes back with: rm: illegal option -- e usage: rm file ... Any suggestions on what I can do to remove this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steelrose
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named Pipe contents to a file

I want to copy the contents of a named pipe to a file. I have tried using: cat pipe.p >> transcript.log but I have been unsuccessful, any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

remove named pipes

Hi, Please help me on this. I am creating a named pipe in a kshell script. I am using mkfifo pipe_name command to create the pipe. I want to remove the named pipe after my work is completed. How can i do that. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chintapalli001
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to file named with date

I would like to pipe (redirect ? - what is the right term?) the output of my script to a file named with the current date. If I run this at a command prompt: date +'%Y%m%d" ...it returns "20110429" OK, that's good... so I try: ./script.sh > "'date +%Y%m%d'.csv" I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed behaving oddly, repeats lines

Hi, all. Here's the problem: sed '/FOO/,/BAR/p' That should print anything between FOO and BAR, right? Well, let's say I have file.txt that contains just one line "how are you today?". Then I run something like the above and get: $ sed '/how/,/today/p' file.txt how are you... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pereyrax
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant able to delete file named '\'

Hi folks Please help to delete the file -rw-r--r-- 1 sri sri 157 Dec 13 04:42 \ here unexpectedly "\" is created. if am deleting using > rm \ --i cant able to delete by using the command ******* here is the output i got **** sri:> cat \ > please help me how to delete ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting file named *

Hi, There is a file by name '*' in a hp-ux box. How can i delete the same? -rw-r--r-- 1 wleadm dba 1531 Jul 24 08:49 * need to delete this file named * without deleting any other file. Please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Non printing option in sed is behaving oddly

Hi I'm having a problem with a sed command that I thought I was using correctly but apparently that's not the case. I was hoping someone here could point out what it is I am doing wrong? I am using the print, no print option for a matched pattern in sed. Everything seemed to be working fine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Non printing option in sed is behaving oddly

Hi I'm having a problem with a sed command that I thought I was using correctly but apparently that's not the case. I was hoping someone here could point out what it is I am doing wrong? I am using the print, no print option for a matched pattern in sed. Everything seemed to be working fine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::Currency(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			      Locale::Codes::Currency(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::Currency(3pm)