Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass date (YYYY-MM-DD) as parameter and get Day Post 302956488 by ashwin3086 on Wednesday 30th of September 2015 12:15:03 PM
Old 09-30-2015
Hi,

Below is the information. Let me know if you need more info.

Shell is Bash.

Code:
$uname -a
SunOS sjcapp54 5.10 Generic_150400-11 sun4v sparc sun4v

$uname -r

$uname -m
sun4v

Last edited by ashwin3086; 09-30-2015 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Shell info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Date from dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy

I want to change a date from format dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a way to do this with sed or do you have to write a case statement to convert JAN to 01? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd

How to convert the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd in unix my script will generate text file which have two fields one is date and another is name of the server for example this is sample date which I have to sort based on older to newer date the problem is when I found out sort will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to get day of week from YYYY-MM-DD date

Can't find out how to get the day of the week from a given date, anyone got a code snippet that could help please? Ta!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: couponmeup
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get system date, format it, pass it as a parameter to a perl script - all in cron job

I am trying to get the string containing date - in a specfic format actually, although I think that part is inconsequencial - 1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226 - through echo or printf or in some other way - created within a cront job and passed as a parameter to a perl script. Now, I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: v8625
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date DD MM YYYY to DD MON YYYY

Hello, I am writing a script that parses different logs and produces one. In the source files, the date is in DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS format. In the output, it should be in DD MON YYY HH24:MI:SS (ie 25 Jan 2010 16:10:10) To extract the dates, I am using shell substrings, i.e.: read line ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adamm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Day of year to dd.mm.yyyy format

Hi, How can I convert day of year value in format(yy,doy) to normal formatted (dd.mm.yyyy) string also all of them with awk or awk system function? in_file.txt --------- 12,043 12,044 12,045 12,046 out_file.txt ---------- 12.02.2012 13.02.2012 14.02.2012 15.02.2012 imagine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kocaturk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion help from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/Mon/yyyy i.e. 28/10/2012 to 28/Oct/2012

Hi I have a problem with Date format in my code. 1st I am trying to convert today's date to yesterday's using YESTERDAY3=`perl -e '@y=localtime(time()-86400); printf "%04d/%02d/%02d",$y+1900,$y+1,$y;$y;'` And once it is done I am trying to using the yesterday date in a grep command to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epoch date to YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY

I've seen a lot of posts on this and have tried the following: echo 1257000000| perl -e '($d,$m,$y)=(localtime(time-86400));$m+=1;$y+=1900;printf "$y/$m/$d\n";' But I am unable to convert a past Epoch date into a format such as YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY. I am using bash and don't know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
DDATE(1)						     Emperor Norton Utilities							  DDATE(1)

NAME
ddate - converts Gregorian dates to Discordian dates SYNOPSIS
ddate [+format] [date] DESCRIPTION
ddate prints the date in Discordian date format. If called with no arguments, ddate will get the current system date, convert this to the Discordian date format and print this on the stan- dard output. Alternatively, a Gregorian date may be specified on the command line, in the form of a numerical day, month and year. If a format string is specified, the Discordian date will be printed in a format specified by the string. This mechanism works similarly to the format string mechanism of date(1), only almost completely differently. The fields are: %A Full name of the day of the week (i.e., Sweetmorn) %a Abbreviated name of the day of the week (i.e., SM) %B Full name of the season (i.e., Chaos) %b Abbreviated name of the season (i.e., Chs) %d Ordinal number of day in season (i.e., 23) %e Cardinal number of day in season (i.e., 23rd) %H Name of current Holyday, if any %N Magic code to prevent rest of format from being printed unless today is a Holyday. %n Newline %t Tab %X Number of days remaining until X-Day. (Not valid if the SubGenius options are not compiled in.) %{ %} Used to enclose the part of the string which is to be replaced with the words "St. Tib's Day" if the current day is St. Tib's Day. %. Try it and see. EXAMPLES
% ddate Sweetmorn, Bureaucracy 42, 3161 YOLD % ddate +'Today is %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H' Today is Sweetmorn, the 42nd of Bureaucracy, 3161. % ddate +"It's %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H" 26 9 1995 It's Prickle-Prickle, the 50th of Bureaucracy, 3161. Celebrate Bureflux % ddate +"Today's %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H" 29 2 1996 Today's St. Tib's Day, 3162. BUGS
ddate(1) will produce undefined behavior if asked to produce the date for St. Tib's day and its format string does not contain the St. Tib's Day delimiters %{ and %}. NOTE
After `X-Day' passed without incident, the Church of the SubGenius declared that it had got the year upside down - X-Day is actually in 8661 AD rather than 1998 AD. Thus, the True X-Day is Cfn 40, 9827. AUTHOR
Original program by Druel the Chaotic aka Jeremy Johnson (mpython@gnu.ai.mit.edu) Major rewrite by Lee H:. O:. Smith, KYTP, aka Andrew Bulhak (acb@dev.null.org) Five tons of flax. DISTRIBUTION POLICY
Public domain. All rites reversed. SEE ALSO
date(1), http://www.subgenius.com/ Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Or How I Found Goddess And What I Did To Her When I Found Her AVAILABILITY
The ddate command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. 59 Bureaucracy 3161 DDATE(1)