Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing Listener.ora
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing Listener.ora Post 302956430 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 29th of September 2015 09:39:49 PM
Old 09-29-2015
Wouldn't you be better off to get what you need from /usr/local/bin/oraenv (or wherever you put it.)? /opt/var/oracle/oratab (or wherever you put it like /etc/ for Linux) also tells you what instances are supposed to be running locally.

oraenv is all about setting correct environment variables.

Usually you need both ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME defined and possibly TWO_TASK define as well for remote instances.

The interdependence of those two files:
Linux oraenv Tips

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ftp port listener

Hi, Anyone have any pointers on how I would go about creating some sort of listener (preferably, but not exclusively in Java) that would monitor an ftp port and react to arrival of a new file? Thanks in advance. Selma (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know the location of the listener?

Hi, I have an unknown listener of of one of my port. How would I know the location of that specific listener? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fif14344
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listener port

Hi All, I'm installation a server we have client -server architecture I need to configure a port for client to communicate with the server and server to communicate with the clients Pls let me know how to configure in linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
2 Replies

4. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: parsing tnsnames.ora

All: Can sombodoy help me out with a sed command? Assume I have the following: PRI = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.0.3.7)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = pri) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing sections from listener.ora

Hi, I am trying to write a script or command to add/remove a section from listener.ora file in the following example I would like: 1. to remove sid_alias2 sections 2. to add a new alias sections called sid_alias4, it can be placed after sid_alias3 sections $ cat listener.ora ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying listener file

Hi Pros, I'm writing a script to modify listener.ora file on multiple hosts. When I ssh to any server from a central server in our environment we are presented with menu to select the instance. I need to set my environment to listener which could be different number on every instance. How can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script multi listener

hello can help to script to find the listener is up or down for diferent db i have 2 listener ps -fea |grep tns root 17333 17559 0 12:26:38 pts/3 0:00 grep tns oracle 3800 1 1 Jul 23 ? 400:42 /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/bin/tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ceciaide
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
General::Interpolated(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				General::Interpolated(3pm)

NAME
Config::General::Interpolated - Parse variables within Config files SYNOPSIS
use Config::General; $conf = new Config::General( -ConfigFile => 'configfile', -InterPolateVars => 1 ); DESCRIPTION
This is an internal module which makes it possible to interpolate Perl style variables in your config file (i.e. $variable or "${variable}"). Normally you don't call it directly. VARIABLES
Variables can be defined everywhere in the config and can be used afterwards as the value of an option. Variables cannot be used as keys or as part of keys. If you define a variable inside a block or a named block then it is only visible within this block or within blocks which are defined inside this block. Well - let's take a look to an example: # sample config which uses variables basedir = /opt/ora user = t_space sys = unix <table intern> instance = INTERN owner = $user # "t_space" logdir = $basedir/log # "/opt/ora/log" sys = macos <procs> misc1 = ${sys}_${instance} # macos_INTERN misc2 = $user # "t_space" </procs> </table> This will result in the following structure: { 'basedir' => '/opt/ora', 'user' => 't_space' 'sys' => 'unix', 'table' => { 'intern' => { 'sys' => 'macos', 'logdir' => '/opt/ora/log', 'instance' => 'INTERN', 'owner' => 't_space', 'procs' => { 'misc1' => 'macos_INTERN', 'misc2' => 't_space' } } } As you can see, the variable sys has been defined twice. Inside the <procs> block a variable ${sys} has been used, which then were interpolated into the value of sys defined inside the <table> block, not the sys variable one level above. If sys were not defined inside the <table> block then the "global" variable sys would have been used instead with the value of "unix". Variables inside double quotes will be interpolated, but variables inside single quotes will not interpolated. This is the same behavior as you know of Perl itself. In addition you can surround variable names with curly braces to avoid misinterpretation by the parser. SEE ALSO
Config::General AUTHORS
Thomas Linden <tlinden |AT| cpan.org> Autrijus Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> Wei-Hon Chen <plasmaball@pchome.com.tw> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 by Wei-Hon Chen <plasmaball@pchome.com.tw>. Copyright 2002-2010 by Thomas Linden <tlinden |AT| cpan.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> VERSION
2.14 perl v5.10.1 2010-12-01 General::Interpolated(3pm)